Avatar Day

'give up! you're completely surrounded!' shouted a man on a rhino.

i bolted up, collected my things, and jumped onto appa.

'come on, come on, come on!' said sokka as i helped him up.

'my scrolls!' cried katara, running back and freezing a man's spear before grabbing them and sprinting back to us.

'my staff!' said aang.

one of the men pulled a tree down in front of him but he jumped over it with ease.

he took his staff and knocked a stick of dynamite (that one of then had thrown) into the bushes.

aang jumped up and landed on appa, 'yip! yip!'

and, just when we thought we were safe, one of the men threw a fireball at our heads.

we ducked and just about missed it.

'sokka what's wrong?' i asked as we flew away

'my boomerang!'

he'd left it back at the camp.

'there's no time!' said katara.

'oh, i see. there's time to get your scrolls and time to get your staff, but no time for my boomerang?'

'that's correct!' she grinned.

'oh' said sokka as we got further and further away from our old camp.

---

we stopped at a merchants to get food and i sat by sokka as he sulked.

'sorry about your boomerang, sokka.' said aang.

'i feel like i've lost part of my identity. imagine if you lost your arrow, or if y/n lost her weird thing with zuko or if katara lost her... hair loopies.'

i blushed and felt katara and aang looking straight at me.

could they please stop bringimg that up.

sokka stood up and walked over to the stall.

'here's your produce, ponytail guy.'

sokka picked up the basket and said, sadly, 'i used to be boomerang guy...'

'hey, water tribe money.' said the merchant as katara paid him.

'i hope that's okay.' she said, worried.

'so long as it's money.' he smiled, walking away, 'have a nice avatar day!'

'avatar day?' asked aang, confused.

the merchant turned around, 'you guys are going to the festival, right?'

---

we followed the merchant into the town and saw that there was indeed a festival.

'there's a holiday for the avatar. who knew?' said aang.

'look! they made a giant kyoshi float.' said katara, pointing.

'and here comes avatar roku.' smiled sokka

'having a huge festival in your honor is great, but frankly, it's just nice to be appreciated.' said aang, humbly.

'and it's nice to appreciate their deep-fried festival food.' sokka said, taking a bit out of a deep fried cake of some sort.

'aang it's you!' i grinned, pointing at the aang float.

'that's the biggest me i've ever seen!'

a man began running towards the floats, holding a torch.