eight

"Meet me at 62nd street, the dark blue building, enter the basement parking, I'm on my way," Chaerin could hear the sound of the car engine starting in the background and multiple other voices she didn't recognize.

"Okay," she took a deep breath, "Wait don't end the call!" She quickly added.

"I won't, don't die,"

"Well I'm trying not to," she muttered.

She then muted the mic and set her phone aside in the compartment near the gearshift. She then mapped out the route in her head, Chaerin knew the in and outs of Seoul like the back of her hand.

Taking another deep breath, she looked at the rearview mirror and mentally cursed when she saw that they were gaining on her.

Clutching the gearshift in her right hand, steering wheel in the other, she shifted the gear quickly then stepped on the gas, making her way through the cars on the road.

Without batting an eye, she lifted the handbrake and turned the stirring wheel to the right, entering a narrow alleyway.

"Holy sh-," She ducked my head instantly as soon as she heard glass break. She quickly glanced back seeing the bullet holes on the rear windshield.

Chaerin let out a frustrated and irritated groan, why harm the car why?

She took a sharp turn to the left then another to right. The main road was up ahead and she had to get the perfect timing.

Without a hint of hesitation, she entered the main road and intruded the opposite lane. A thunderous crash could be heard as one of the cars following her crashed into the light post.

Serves you right.

Stepping on the gas, she maneuvered through the incoming cars, occasionally flashing her lights and honking the horn.

She merged into the correct lane this time, glancing at the rearview mirror and side mirrors every 5 seconds.

Chaerin thought she had already lost them, but just to make sure, she entered another alleyway and took the long, confusing route to the location Mark gave her.

She let out a breath of relief as she saw the blue building Mark was talking about. Chaerin entered the basement parking lot, examining the surroundings first to make sure nobody else was tailing her.

The parking lot was almost completely empty, except for the two black vans in the center.

Comforting, she muttered sarcastically.

She slowed down and stepped on the brakes. She slumped on her seat, still coming down from the adrenaline rush. She shifted the gear to parking and unlocked the doors.

Those dark brown eyes made her feel a little relieved this time.

Mark noticed the rear windshield, eyes ever so slightly widening before focusing back on me.

"Are you okay? Did you lose them?" He asked as he quickly scanned her from head to toe for any injuries.

"I did,"

"Yuta can you take the car?" Mark gestured to one of the guys standing in the back.

There were about 7 of them, Chaerin noted, some more familiar than the others.

Chaerin raised her eyebrows as the guy named Yuta approached her car,

"Don't worry he'll take care of it," Mark said, seeing her hesitation.

Yuta shot her a smile to ease her nerves a bit. Too tired to argue, Chaerin just nodded handing him the keys.

"Come on," Mark gestured to the black van.

"Where are we going?"

"Well it's not safe for you to go home right now, so we'll take you to the headquarters. Is that okay?"

"Uh sure," She answered, following Mark to the van.

Chaerin really didn't have much of a choice, where else would she go to? She wasn't going back home that's for sure.

Maybe it was the exhaustion or blame global warming she told herself, but Chaerin herself was so perplexed on why she trusted Mark so easily. Perhaps she was forgetting the fact that he was a gang member.

She shook her head softly at the thought, she would think about it another day.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010