Chapter 27:

Shay Diaz
Savannah Georgia

"I'm sorry Elijah ." The doctor said .

"Was there a struggle ?" Elijah asked as we looked at Taylor's body .

"No she was aware of what was happening." He said and I shut my eyes and Elijah hugged me as I cried .

"I'll let you both have some time ." He whispered and walked out of the room .

"who would do this?" I asked and Elijah comforted me .

"I don't know ." He said as he rubbed my shoulders I looked at Taylor's cold body and shut her eyes and kissed her head .

"I love you I don't know how but they'll pay okay ." I said as i caressed her hair . "We'll take care of sterling and Kendall ." I said as I grabbed her hand I cried some more and let her go and Elijah put his arm around me and we walked out of the room and Tara walked in the door and I sighed .

"where is she ." she said

"tee." Elijah said while looking down and she shook her head .

"God no ." She said as she covered her mouth in disbelief.

"we think it was McNeal ." Elijah said and she looked at us and shook her head .

"what happened ?" Kendall said from behind us Tara turned around .

"what happened ? " you selfish son of a bitch ." Tara said as she punched him in the face and Kendall held his face .

"Elijah get her ." Kendall said through clenched teeth .

"what are you talking about Tara ." I said .

"Is she okay ?"marquis said as he walked with ghost as he held aramis hand .

"Look we shouldn't talk about this here ight." Elijah said as he looked around .

"don't sugar coat it let us know wassup Lijah is she dead or not ." Q said annoyed .

"Way to be insensitive Marquis ." I snapped .

"Insensitive ? Look dont talk to me about bein insensitive." Q mugged .

"Outside all of y'all ." He snapped and walked outside and we followed him .

"where is sterling and where is Taylor ?" Kendall asked .

"Look Kendall it was nothing they can do okay I had my best doctors trying to help her ." Elijah said as he grabbed Kendall .

"You lying ." he said as he fought the tears .

"she's not dead Elijah you say that everything changes," Jaxon said from behind me and I put my arm around him ,

"Stop going around the shit she's dead Ken ." Q said and he sat on the curb and covered his hands over his face as he cried and I sat next to him and rubbed his back as Tara watched me in disgust .

"who did it ?" Ghost asked .

"he did ." Tara mumbled while looking at him and Kendall looked up .

"what ? I'm blowing your cover own up to the shit you beat her ass and killed her because she was gonna leave your sorry ass!" Tara yelled .

"shut the fuck up you don't know shit Tara fuck you." Kendall said while in her face and ghost stepped in and clenched his jaw .

"Calm yo ass down ." Ghost said .

"Y'all please just stop." I said and Kendall looked at me and walked up to me and Elijah pulled me to the side .

"you don't get to speak about any of this shit your the reason everyone in our lives is dead and deep down Elijah you know it too ." Kendall snapped and I looked at Q and he looked down .

"go to hell kendall ." I whispered.

"this is some bull I'm leaving ." Q said .

"where are you going ?" Tara asked .

"somewhere far away from here don't y'all dumb asses get it we dropping like flies round here and I don't know bout y'all but I gotta kid to take care of and I ain't gon let y'all drag me down with y'all ." He said and picked aramis up .

"marquis we family we got each other dont just leave man." Elijah said , and marquis scoffed and walked up to him

"I forgave you for killing Shanika but don't think I don't know how you'd pick Shay raggedy ass over us any day of the week so I'll make the decision easier for you ." He said while looking at everybody. "I'm out and ain't coming back ." He mumbled and walked off and Elijah clenched his jaw and I wiped a tear .

"I can't do this right now ." Kendall said and walked away also .

"she deserved better Lijah ." Tara said while walking up to him .

"what you want me to do Tara huh !" He snapped and I jumped .

"Do something! You still letting the bitches that killed our family roam free ! It kinda makes me wonder what'd you do if I was the one who was killed ." She said while scoffing .

"Tara that's enough go ." I said annoyed .

"he needs to hear it he's been caught up in candy land Shay ! Taylor is dead she was one of us ." Tara said as her voice cracked and ghost stood to the side watching .

"and I'm telling you go home me and elijah will handle it ." I said stepping up to her .

"And who the hell are you supposed to be ? You sholl ain't my dad ." she said stepping up too.

"I wouldn't want to given the circumstances." I said .

"Shay your going to far y'all just gonna let them do this ." Jaxon said as he pulled Tara away .

"I agree with everyone else." Ghost said finally speaking up .

"bull shit ." Elijah mumbled,

"You'll protect yo own before you even think about mines and I can't have that so you and Shay can take y'all city and shove it up y'all ass Tara let's go ." Ghost said as he walked away I didn't know it would be the last time I'd look at her face in long time but it was , Tara followed him and it was me jaxon and elijah standing there in the parking lot .

"Elijah-

"don't ." He snapped.

"I know your upset but you have to look at it in everyone's point of view also , their scared Lijah . Q lost Shanika now Kendall lost Taylor and Alisha is god knows where they have families now they have something to live for baby ." I said as I gently made him face me .

"Nah they just actin like some bitches ." He mumbled and walked away and I sighed .

"you can't save everyone Shay ." Jaxon said as he walked up to me .

"How are you the sane one out of all of us ." I said and he chuckled .

"I left right when I had the chance , I'm not speaking down on my family and I know you love Elijah but when are y'all gonna learn that the life that y'all lavish off of only leads to death and suffering ?"

"I'm not in it for the money I'm in it for love jaxon I love everyone and you might not understand but what we go through makes us stronger ."

"I love you , but it isn't just you anymore you have a daughter that needs you , the reckless lifestyle that your living why would you want to raise your kids in that ?" He asked and I looked down , he sighed and lifted my chin and caressed my lip with his thumb and I just stared at him .

No. not possible for me to feel anything remotely romantic about Jaxon he's Elijah's little brother my best friend. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to his charm and his need to protect everyone he leaned in and pecked my lips and I let him and we looked at each other he cleared his throat and I looked around .

"I gotta go ." He said .

"yeah ." I said with a small smile and he walked away ,

***

bye cuz I just started sum mess .