28) Her Health

"Don't skip any meals, mija, I mean it." Elizabeth hugged Ella tightly, closing her eyes to savor the moment. (My daughter)

"I won't. Say hi to the Auntie Soph." Ella moved to hug her dad, laughing when he lifted her slightly.

"She'll be waiting for you guys for the holidays." Her dad reminded his three kids. The three rascals were to be traveling to Spain to spend Christmas and New Year over there. It had been a silent agreement that every year was swapped in terms of locations. One year would be in Spain and the other one would be in the states, and it worked out for everyone.

"The tickets have been booked, Papa." Fransisco agreed, already knowing how much his parents freaked about all of that already being booked. "They have been since last Christmas." He murmured under his breath, earning himself a jab into the ribs from Stefanie.

"You guys look after each other! We'll see you all in weeks time, okay?" Their mom continued to yell, embarrassing the three adults. "Adios, mis amores!" She smiled, almost evilly when she saw Fransisco's face turn beet red. (Bye, my loves)

"Don't give it away, she'll only take advantage." Stef hissed through her clenched teeth that were bared for a smile.

"You guys are so dramatic." Ella chuckled, being the first one to turn around once her parents did.

"You've always been the favorite one. Plus, you don't mind all of that sappy stuff." Fransisco grumbled, pulling his coat tighter around his bulky figure. "I can't wait until we get to Spain."

"It's not like the weather is that much warmer." Stef yawned, feeling tired after having to wake up early to say goodbye to her parents. It was a Sunday morning, approximately two A.M. to be exact. She normally wouldn't be up unless she had a photoshoot, which she didn't. Therefore, on the ride back from the airport, she took a nap.

"See you guys Friday?" Ella shivered as she got out of Fransisco's car once they had driven all the way back to her house. He had gotten up even earlier to pick up Stefanie and his parents at Ella's just to not make everyone drive all their cars.

"Wait. I want to stay with you." Stef awoke from her nap, groggily stumbling out of the car as Fransisco chuckled at his sister. "Why is it so dark?" She whined, not even bothering to say goodbye to Fransisco as she went straight into Ella's house.

Ella looked at her sister, laughing quietly before turning back to her brother. "Drive carefully. I'll probably call you later." Ella closed his door, walking into her home and locking the door so that he could leave.

Finding Stef on the large sofa, Ella discarded her thick and long coat before she fell onto a different sofa beside her sister, picking up a fluffy blanket and covering herself. Not even five minutes later, she felt her sister's slim figure wrap around her, her familiar Chanel fragrance surrounding Ella.

"It's too uncomfortable over there." Stef mumbled, curling up to her older sister.

Ella laughed softly, mumbling a "sure" before wrapping an arm around her baby sister. Even though Stefanie was an independent adult, she was still the baby of the family and was still used to receiving love from all of the older members.

Damien, meanwhile, awoke bright and early at seven, beginning his morning with a jog. He had gotten used to using some of his free time to work out or try to read historical books in order to not work too much. Since his time with Ella, which had been about a little over half a year, he had gotten back into old hobbies. He didn't feel the suffocating need to be immersed in work all the time; he felt happier.

Just as he was coming back inside from his jog, his phone began ringing. Now that his mom was getting along with Ella better, the communication with her had gotten better too. It was much easier to talk to her now that she wasn't pestering him about marriage or getting together with Selena.