xliii.

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE.

elijah winchester
perspective

elijah winchester perspective

-

"SHOULD WE TAKE A WALK NEAR THE BEACH?" My girlfriend glances down at me since I laid my head on her lap, moving my hand under her shirt, tracing my fingers on the soft skin of her stomach.

I hum, closing my eyes, relaxing as her fingers played with my curls. We had reached Cannes two hours ago and the clock had struck five p.m. right now. And we decided to relax for a bit as I rested my head on her lap while she read the collection of poems in the book.

"Is that what you want? If so, then yes," I mutter, looking into her eyes, watching her smile at me.

The easiest way to make myself smile was just by watching her smile. Seeing her smile was enough to make honey drip in my blood.

She taps her fingers against my arm, pretending that my arm held the keys of her piano, "Alright, get up then."

I move my hand towards her face, tracing my thumb over her lips, wishing I could kiss them all day and all night, "Make me."

She smiles, a smile so sweet, sending a sweet shiver down my spine as she moves her face closer to mine. And I think she's about to kiss me when her lips are an inch away but she has never been a sweet person, to begin with.

She places one hand on my arm and the other on the side of my thigh, gently pressing her hands over my skin before pushing me off the couch with a shove.

She laughs while I lay flat against the coldness of the marble floor, narrowing my eyes at her.

Was I surprised at her move? No.

Was I angry that she was laughing at me? No.

Was I going to drag her down with me? Hell, yes.

I reach my hand up, grabbing her leg and I hear her gasp at my move before I drag her down, making her fall on top of me.

Her hair covers my face, her lips attached to the side of my neck. She places her hands on my chest, steadying herself as she lifts half her body, her legs tangled with mine.

"I hate you," she murmurs, rolling her eyes but I could see the small smile playing on her lips.

"Mhm, that is not what you were saying last night," I tease, watching her widen her eyes at me while I laugh at her.

"Shut up," she narrows her eyes at her, warningly pointing her finger at me.

"And if I don't?" I smile innocently, moving my hand below her shirt, grazing my fingers up her spine.

"Then, I'll make you shut up," she reflects my smile, grazing her thumb over my bottom lip, moving her face closer to mine. But before her lips could touch mine, she pulls her face back, standing on her feet.