*Balance To the Force?*

"Now Viceroy, you're going to have to go back lto the Senate and explain all this." Padmé said in her "Queens clothing".

Captain Panaka stepped forward, chest held high, "I think you can kiss your Trade franchise goodbye." He stated and told Viceroy to follow him.

Obi-Wan started to walk towards the newly elected Chancellor Palpatine.
"Come along Ani." Azaylia whispered as she gently pushed him forward. She felt the bandage wrapped around her thigh rub slightly against her pants. It still hurt and she still had a bit of limp but the Healer had told her it would go away in time.
The Chancellor smiled a seemingly warm smile, but Azaylia was somehow off put by its sweetness, "We are indebted to your bravery Obi-Wan Kenobi," he nodded at Obi-Wan who nodded back politely. "Azaylia Barlette." He nodded at Azaylia, who, in turn put on a smile of her own "And you young Skywalker," The Chancellor placed a worn hand on the boy's shoulder. "We will watch you career with great interest." He smiled that smile again and began to walk towards Padmé.
Azaylia gripped Anakin's shoulders and gave him a little shake as they strolled back towards the Queen

"Congratulations on your election Chancellor." Padmé grinned.

"Your boldness is what saved our people your Majesty, it is you who should be congratulated...together we shall bring peace and prosperity to the Republic."

>>>

Azaylia and Obi-Wan were in Council room, kneeling on the floor. The room was empty except for the short green Master whom they were talking with about a certain boy's undecided fate.

"Confer on you, the level of Jedi Knight, the council does." Azaylia felt a small grin pull at the corners of her mouth. Obi-Wan would get to be a Jedi Knight! "But agree with you, of taking this boy as your Padawan Learner, I do not!" He tapped his cane into the floor, the wooden sound echoing in the empty Council room. Azaylia's smile had dropped, along with her stomach.

"Qui Gon believed in him." Obi-Wan stated calmly, starting to sound just like his Master.

Master Yoda sighed deeply "The Chosen One the boy may be, nevertheless, grave danger I fear, in his training."

"Master Yoda..." Obi-Wan started, hesitating. "I gave Qui Gon my word. I will train Anakin. With or without the permission of council."

"Pardon me Master Yoda..." Azaylia piped up, not sure whether it would be a good idea to say something right now, but doing it regardless. "You must give Anakin a chance. I know he'll become a great Jedi. You have to believe me. I've lived with him since he was born!"

"Qui Gon's defiance I sense in you both, need that, you do not." The Master took a deep breath, silencing his inner conflict,"Agree with you, the council does. Your apprentice, young Skywalker will be."

The smile had returned to Azyalia's face. The she remembered something important
"Master Yoda." Azaylia raised her chin a fraction higher. "I have made my decision in whether or not I will rejoin the Jedi Order."

"What do you decide?" Master Yoda asked, looking at her curiously.

"I've decided..." she stared in Obi-Wan's blue eyes which were sparkling with hidden joy. "That I will rejoin the Order."

"Very pleased, I am. A Jedi Knight you will be, just like Obi-Wan." Master Yoda decided.
"But Master Yoda! I'm not properly trained!" Azaylia exclaimed, not believing what had just come out of the old Masters mouth.

"Proven your worth, you have. Not an easy task it is to defeat a Sith."

"I didn't defeat him! Obi-Wan did!" She pointed to Obi-Wan.

"But..." Obi-Wan guided her hand back to her lap. "You came up with the idea. If you didn't I would still be hanging in that hole!" He laughed at the woman's shocked face.

"A Jedi Knight, you will be, Miss Barlette." Master Yoda smiled, his eyes crinkling a bit.

>>>

Azaylia stood in between Obi-Wan and Anakin at Qui Gon's funeral. Tears were blurring the edges of her vision and she was sure these tears weren't from the smoke billowing away from the flames. She spared just one glance at Obi-Wan. She had been trying not to look at him, for fear he would be crying again. He wasn't. His face lacked any emotion, just a numb, frozen stare, like he was incapable of feeling. She outstretched her arm and took hold of Obi-Wan's hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. His jaw twitched a little, and he dropped his gaze.

Azaylia had tried to retract her hand, but Obi-Wan tightened his grip and raised his eyes once again, fixing them on the burning pyre.

"Zayli..." a soft, fearful voice caught her attention, "what will happen to me now?"

"The council has given permission for Obi-Wan to train you." She said lightly and quietly, trying to not disturb anyone.

"You will be a Jedi. I promise." Obi-Wan sweared, his voice husky, sounding like he was fighting back tears.

Azaylia looked at the still body in the flames and had another vision...

She was on her home-planet playing with three rocks. The five-year-old Azyalia saw a shadow cover her. Her eyes shot up and landed a man who towered over her. She suddenly got very scared and picked up her rocks, holding them to her chest protectively. The mysterious man chuckles, "Hello little one. What are you doing?" He asked her.

"Playing." She answered, not breaking eye contact.

"Where are your parents?" He asked. She looked around herself and then hung her head.
"Oh I see." He sat down in front of her and crossed his legs. "Can I see your rock?" He smiled, outstretching his hand. She tentatively handed him a rock, watching him carefully to make sure he didn't take it. She was very fond of her rocks. He looked it over thoughtfully and threw it up and caught it a couple times. "This is a very nice rock." He concluded.

"I can make them fly." She said meekly, so quiet she could barely hear herself.

"You can? Can you show me?" He asked her and watched as the girl lifted the two rocks up and then, very slowly, lifted up the third one. She let the rocks drop back to the ground and smiled

"What's your name little one?" He queries.

"Azaylia."

"Nice to meet you Azyalia." He extended his hand out to her. "I'm Qui Gon Jinn." She taked his hand and shook it, noticing his large hand basically ate her own.  "Would you like to come to Coruscant with me? I know some people who would like to meet you." He stood up and outstretched his arm. The little girl's eyes widened with excitement and she pulled herself up, took his hand, laughing gleefully.

Azaylia quietly gasped. Qui Gon was the one who took her to the Jedi Temple.
"Thank you Master Qui Gon for everything." She whispered she looked down.

Obi-Wan had noticed her say something, but what he couldn't make out. He could still fell her soft, almost delicate hand against his. He swiped his thumb across her knuckles, ripping a tiny sound of surprise from Azaylia's throat. He let out a small, breathy laugh.

He found himself wondering how he would be coping right now if Azaylia had decided not to become a Jedi, or worse, not come back to Coruscant at all.