AUTHOR'S NOTE

The Rose Book is probably the longest project I've ever worked on and I am actually baffled that I actually managed to finish it. I legitimately never thought this day would come.

I remember writing the first drafts of this book in JUNIOR HIGH

I can remember typing certain chapters, of THIS DRAFT, in my freshman year of high school when I was meant to be paying attention to the teacher. To give everyone a little bit of perspective, I'm a freshman in COLLEGE now.

It's been such a long journey through Google Docs to Wattpad, where I was featured (y'all remember when that was still a thing????) Shortlisted in the 2018 Wattys and I'm only now finishing it because I want to enter this bad boy into the 2020 Wattys. So I guess wish me luck :)

I want to thank EVERYONE who made it this far, especially if you've been here since the beginning.

Though I am lowkey judging all of you.

I sit here finishing up my final farewell at 1 AM on August 3rd - about a month before it will  be published - because I want to preserve all the honest emotions I'm feeling right now. Truly I'm at a loss for words as what this novel means to me and what finishing it means, I just want to address every young writer who hasn't had the feeling of accomplishment that comes.

And it does come. It comes in waves and it waves over you and you're just sitting in your bed and everything is the same as it was five minutes before but tears are in the corner of your eyes and you can't stop yourself from smiling. So keep writing. Keep writing and reading and doing everything you love.

Because one day, you'll have your August 3rd at 1:14 AM.

So with much love and even more gratitude, I wish all of you the best endeavors

MALLYCAT504