Chapter 46: Curseworld Part 1

At Steep Wisdom, Wu tells the Ninja they need supplies.

"Shouldn't we be going to Stiix?" Kai asked "The longer we wait, the worse it'll get"

"We need to stock up" Wu replied

"On what? Magic tea that will make us invincible?" Jay gasps "Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?"

"never going to happen" Aria shuts him down

"Sadly, no magical tea today. I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else" Wu says

"What? You sold your business?" Zane asks "But that was for your retirement"

"Hey Aria where did Hanabusa disappear to?" Kai asks

"He's around somewhere" Aria replies "His job is to watch me from the shadows, I don't want to be able to see him, I like to live my life"

"Ah! Hello again, Ninja" Cyrus greeted

"While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know" Wu explained

"It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you" Cyrus looks around "Lloyd looks older. I see a Water Ninja. A titanium Nindroid. Cole is a...a ghost? Huh? Jay looks shorter. Aria has silver hair. And, and then there's Kai."

Aria laughs "my poor baby"

Kai shakes his head and playfully messes up her hair then turns to Borg "I'm sorry, Dr. Borg, but cut to the chase. We don't have much time"

"Yes, always the impatient one. Come, let me show you" Cyrus presses a button to bring up their vehicles "If you want a little muscle with that hustle, I've made Jay a lightning-fast Ghost Taker GT. Front spectral intake, rear incorporeal storage"

"Oh, why did the Ghost cross the street? Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause he saw me coming in that!" Jay jumps in his vehicle and rides it.

"Zane's Ice mech. Sure it appears to be the same, but I've equipped the underarms with Deepstone particle shooters, allowing you to freeze the competition"

"Super cool. And I mean quite literally" Zane too, jumps into the mech.

"Cole, I've made you a Ghost Cycle. Twin carbine blasters, auto-evasive handling. Made entirely of Deepstone, perfectly molded to fit the, uh...bodiless. And I've set all the radio presets to your favorite: soft rock"

Cole climbs on "I do love a slow jam" He turns on the radio "Whoa!"

"And for you, Kai" Cyrus tosses Kai a red headband.

"A headband" Kai says annoyed

"A personal embroidered headband. Thirty-two thread count, easy tie capabilities. I apologize. I lost track of the time building the other vehicles" Cyrus says "Eh, same goes for you, Lloyd. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure you'd be making it back. And uh Aria could usually hold her own without anything so..."

"Hey, I'm just happy to be here. We'll take any help we can get" Lloyd said

Aria sighs "You know I've never felt useless before, this must be what it feels like to be Jay"

"I heard that!" Jay shouts

"What do you mean useless? You just got to get your strength back" Kai encourages

"yeah.." Aria smiles

Kai looked at Aria's hair worriedly, the ends were starting to turn back to blonde.