Chapter 4

When Helenda realized that the queen had gone dead silent, she tried to speak again but the queen had interrupted her.

"Helenda, how old is my... daughter?" Her lips were pursed and her face was paler than when the princess had cried. It was like the simple action of telling her about her name had caused a route of destruction to erupt.

"Her Highness has recently celebrated her birthday and is eleven years old." Helenda had noticed the moment of hesitation when the queen had mentioned the word daughter but chose to not comment on it.

Helenda was prepared to answer many more questions, but she was shocked to see the queen nod and dismiss her.

"Thank you. Can I get some rest, please?" At such a polite manner that the queen used to address her, a servant, Helenda sighed and bowed her head. She left quickly to allow the queen some solitude. It appeared that they needed to educate the queen about the manners of a royal family member as soon as possible. A queen, or actually, a queen regent since King Redian was inactive, would not use such a speech with servants and subjects. It would be an authoritative order rather than a polite request.

Even though the queen with her memories never did this, Helenda never thought that her amnesia was that drastic. Such behavior was dreadful and her loss of memory could be used as a political weakness. Right now, the queen was the highest power in the entire kingdom and they couldn't afford for the crown to be so weak and prone to attacks.

The princess, the heir, was too young to takeover and she clearly wasn't ready even if she was educated from a young age. She had recently lost her father and her mother had forgotten about her, meaning her mental state was barely functioning.

All Helenda could do was pray to Solaris for guidance and a method to stop the bleak future of the kingdom.

♚♚♚

Alone in her room that she had admired earlier, now dreadful and frightening to look at, Hyejin was consumed in her thoughts. She had curled into a fetal position and gripped her legs anxiously. She bit her bottom lips until she could taste blood, but her mind was too distracted by the impending doom of the body she was occupying.

She had marveled at her luck, but now cursed whoever decided that this was okay. She had transmigrated into the body of that dreadful book she had sent the email about!

Vyriana's Vendetta has begun fairly decent, but turned sour as soon as the popularity of the novel had exploded. Another typical shoujo novel that ruined the revenge aspect and focused too much on the romance, decreasing the intelligence of the characters. The reason that she had even bothered to send that email was purely to satisfy why authors such as GlamorousByeol1230 took such an unappealing turn with their female leads. She had read plenty of these stories, but the latest one had taken truly caused her to be intrigued and question the author.

This was something out of the norm for Hyejin who preferred an idle lifestyle, but even the biggest saints had a day of mischief.

But that wretched intervention and email had caused her to be in this situation!

Hyejin regretted the decision to break out of her usual style and send that detestable email.

Her shitty luck hadn't even allowed her to be transmigrated as the main character or even a side character! She was in the body of the unfortunate queen who died in the first five seconds of the novel and forgotten easily afterward, even by her daughter that had sworn revenge in her honor!

"Why why why!" She groaned, grabbing a pillow to silence her impending frustrations.

Why Queen Asielle!?