Previously on Fear Games...

Rachel found herself caught in the middle of a game started by the infamous Ryan Williamson, who went after Rachel, her friends, and many others because of the way they treated his brother Noah, who committed suicide a few years earlier. Rachel's ex-boyfriend Isaiah fought with Ryan in a final battle until Ryan died and Rachel was finally able to move on from what happened.

Flash-forward a year, Josh Mitchell and his friend Eden became victims of a new game run by the infamous serial killer Daisy, who murdered with the intention of being a god. Rachel, who spent the last year in a psychiatric hospital called St. Mary's, started a group called the Masquerades who were meant to keep the town safe. Eventually the final game arrived and Josh's new boyfriend Matt was murdered, along with previous murders such as Luke (chosen to die by Matt), Haven (shot by Eden), and homophobe Brandon (murdered by new Fear Games ringleader Damien, who was also Daisy's brother).

At the end of it all, Damien asked Josh to choose between killing students at the school or patients at St. Mary's hospital. Josh chose the patients at St. Mary's, killed Damien, and left behind a note for Rachel and Eden, asking them if they wished to continue the Fear Games.

Because in his words...

"But now comes my question. Damien passed the Fear Games to me, and I declined, so in typical fashion, I guess I should ask you. From this point on, after all the pain, the heartache, and terror, is being good still good enough? Or will you continue to carry the legacy of the Fear Games?

Because in a world caught between good and evil, the choice is, and always will be, in yours hands."