Happiness Is... Part 2/6

Later that day, Owl flies overhead. He lets out a screech, and Cassandra turns to the others. "We got a visual. She's coming."

"Alright, did everyone sign the cheer-up card for Rapunzel?" Eugene asks.

"Sure did," Lance replies happily.

"Me too," Hook Foot adds.

"Absolutely," Varian says.

Even Maximus and Fidella nod their heads.

"Shorty?" Eugene asks. But the expression on his face falls when he sees Shorty sitting in the sand, chewing.

"In my defense," Shorty says, swallowing loudly, "let the record show the card was made of cheese."

Eugene shakes his head, facepalming. "The card was not made of cheese..."

"Agree to disagree," Shorty says.

"Hi, guys!" Rapunzel says eagerly, waving as she rushes to greet them.

She seems happier, Varian observes.

"Hey, look who cheered up," Cassandra says with a smile as Owl lands on her arm.

"Yup!" Rapunzel says. "And wait until you see why. It is only the most incredible thing ever!" She pulls a strange totem from her purse, and holds it up for them all to see. It really doesn't look that incredible to Varian, and he can tell by the expressions on the others' faces that they feel the same way.

"I give it a seven for effort," Shorty says.

Suddenly, Rapunzel's face lights up as if she's just heard someone call her name... and the totem glows with an eerie, green light. She turns around and hugs a tall, tropical flower growing out of the sand. "It's so good to see you, Dad!" She turns to the others and adds, "See? I mean, can you believe it?!"

The gang exchange confused glances with each other. Even Owl hoots with concern.

"Uh, Princess... What are we supposed to be believing, exactly?" Varian asks.

 What are we supposed to be believing, exactly?" Varian asks

Rapunzel looks at each of their faces. When she looks at Varian, he notices that her eyes are glowing the same green as the statue. "Why aren't you more amazed by this?" Once the realization dawns on her, she says, "One second," and turns back around to face the flower. "Why can't they see you?"

The others watch on as Rapunzel begins to have a full conversation with her 'dad'. "She's back..." Lance says with a nervous chuckle. "...But I don't know if she's all there."

"Wait a minute," Rapunzel says. "Maybe you have to be holding it to see anything!" She hands the statue to Eugene, and it begins to glow again while making a strange chiming noise.

"Blondie," Eugene says, "I think your homesickness might be getting to your—" Suddenly, his eyes begin to glow green. He turns around and gasps excitedly. "Sweet tomatoes, the royal yacht! And look, my likeness is carved upon it's wondrous bow! Now we can get off the island in style." He eagerly hops on top of Maximus and stands up on the saddle, looking through a seashell like it's a spyglass. "Blondie, you fill my world with amazing things, you know that? The statue brings all the happy."