Chapter Seven

Sophia's point of view.

Mia, Ellie, and I were with mom covered in plastic. We were throwing some darts at balloons filled with paint. When we had gotten home, we had dinner and then Mom had just given us the plastic cover-up and told us to tie our hair up out of our faces. When we had come back downstairs Mom had called us into her painting room and we saw the balloons pinned to the giant canvas. Her excuse was to have quality mother-daughter bonding time. When she had called Ellie her daughter, I swear she was about to burst into tears.

''So, this is considered art?'' Mia asks our mother as the four of threw some darts at the painting, with music playing in the background. ''My parents did this in the sixties,'' Mom laughs as she threw a dart. Ellie and I smile at her. ''it's fun,'' we tell her before throwing a dart each to the painting and high fiving each other when we got a balloon each. ''You two are scaring me with your aim,'' Mia tells us throwing another dart.

''They had an exhibition at Woodstock,'' Mom tells us as she throws a dart and gets the balloon. ''And you are trying to bring it back?'' Mia asks her, throwing a dart. ''Yeah, well, I bet this beats homework,'' Mom tells us as we throw some darts. ''Some moms help their kids with their homework, you know,'' I tell her. ''Like you and Ellie need help. You two are the top of your class,'' Mia tells us. ''Nice shot,'' Mom tells Mia. ''Oh yes, I like it,'' Ellie grins. All four of us throw darts at the balloons and all get one. We all scream and yell out while smiling and bring each other into a group hug.

Mom kisses each of us on the head lovingly. ''This is so much more fun than princess lessons,'' Mia sighs pulling away and walking away. Mom smiles at her before turning to look and Ellie and I. Out of the corner of my eye I see her roll her eyes but smile since Ellie and I had gotten more darts and were throwing it at the painting laughing.

''So, Clarisse told me about how she invited you to live in Genovia if Soph accepts her role as princess,'' Mom tells Ellie as she gets some darts. Ellie nods her head smiling. ''Honestly, I am shocked that she likes me that much,'' Ellie tells us. ''Well, you're family. She would have to be blind not to see that'' Mom smiles at her. Ellie stops and looks at me before looking at my mother. ''Helen, I can't thank you enough for letting me move in with you,'' Ellie tells her.

''Mom and I, we just never clicked. Especially after she kicked dad out. Every conversation we had ended up in an argument,'' Ellie sighs. ''Well like Mom said Ell's, your family,'' I tell her wrapping and arm around her shoulder. ''Which make you a royal but association,'' I tell her taping both her shoulders with a paintbrush I got from moms' tray. She just smiles at me and laughs wrapping and arm around my waist.

''You two have a special friendship,'' Mom tells us smiling softly. ''Don't ever lose that,'' she tells us. We smile at her and nod. ''Alright, go and do your homework. I will clean up all this stuff,'' she tells us. Ellie and I nod before turning around and walking out of the room.

Time skip to the next morning.

Ellie and I were trailing behind Mia and Michal as we walk to school talking quietly gushing about how adorable Mike and Mia would look together. We all stopped in our tracks thought when we heard Lilly yelling at us to slow down. ''What's happening over there?'' Ellie asks as Lilly catches up to us. ''Let's go see,'' Lilly tells us.

We approach the school and see the press everywhere. ''Hi, excuse me, who are you all waiting for?'' I ask them. Ellie, Mia, and I all look up when we heard Lana shout. ''That's them. Sophie and Mia Thermopolis and Ellie Gallick,'' Lana points at us. The man with the camera turns to me. ''We are waiting for you three,'' he tells us before the press started surrounding us yelling questions and calling out princesses. ''Lilly, did you tell anyone?'' Ellie yells out at her. ''No,'' Lilly tells us.