Tell Me What's Wrong ♔ hurt/comfort

♔ hurt/comfort ♔
TW: panic attacks, talk of depression, stress, anxiety, and other intense emotional issues.

The tears flowed down John's reddened cheeks. He tried to keep himself silent, but quiet sobs would escape his lips every once in a while. His hands shook as he sent a text message to his best friend.

John: Hey, can you come over?

Jaren: Sure, omw

John was grateful but his friend did not question him. He would not know how to explain this to him, or he'd feel too stupid to. He has never been very good at expressing his emotions in a serious sense, He's used to making jokes about it and pretending that they don't matter. But this time, he couldn't. It was too much.Everything was just so overwhelming.
John began to notice that it was not only his hands that we're shaking, but his entire body. His lips quivered as they begged for him to release sound, any sound, but he refused. He intended to remain silent. The world couldn't know how much he was hurting. He placed his shaking hands over his mouth to silence himself further, holding them tightly in place, trying to will away his sobs. He just wanted to see Jaren. That would make it all better. He just needed him close.

The sodding hadn't stopped by time Jaren arrived. There was a faint knocking on the door that John had just barely heard of the pounding in his head. He tried to force himself up to open the door, but his body wouldn't move. After a minute or two went by, the door opened and Jaren called for him.

"John? Are you here?" He sounded a bit concerned. John tried to speak, but all that escaped his mouth was a broken sob. As soon as Jaren heard him, he hurried over. His face was layered with intense amounts of concern, he had never seen his friends like this. John was always calm and level-headed. He knew how to handle himself. "Hey, John. What's wrong? What's going on?" His voice was soft and nurturing, like a mother speaking to her child. He didn't know what to do oh, but he was going to try his best. For John. John just shook his head as he weeped, trying to hide his face from his friend. The only sound that left John's mouth was the occasional gasps for air. Due to him forcing himself to be silent, he wasn't breathing properly. Jaren's concern grew exponentially.

John was bombarded with a new wave of emotions, overwhelming and even more. The fact that he was having this breakdown at all, mixed with the fact that Jaren was now seeing him have it, made it all the more difficult for him to handle. This ambush of anxieties caused his body to tremor with distress. He tried desperately to speak again, wanting to tell his friend that he was sorry, but it was so hard. He tried desperately to choke down as much air as he could, but to his dismay, it was all released as his body coughed violently. He was winded and left gasping and wheezing for breath. The pain was simply unforgiving, and in his mind, unending. He struggled to pull himself out of this state, to think rationally at all. He just wanted to stop. He wanted it all to stop. Jaren grabbed a hold of his friend, hugging him tightly. Hoping his presence would ground John just continue to sob and shake in his arms, and Jaren felt useless. He wanted to help. He wanted to be there for him, but he didn't know how. He pulled John closer so he was now resting on him and began shushing him gently and whispering sweet words of comfort.

"It's okay, John. I've got you. It's going to be okay. I'm here," He slowly rocked back and forth, trying to sooth the tall brunette in his arms. "I've got you." John behaved as if he couldn't even hear him. His body began to shake with a higher intensity and he started to hyperventilate. At this point he was releasing loud, vocal sobs that ripped from his throat violently. Jaren just held him closer and pulled his face to look at him.

"John, buddy, hey, listen to me. You gotta breathe. C'mon. I've got you. It's okay, baby. It's going to be okay," Jaren hugged him tightly. "I've got you. I've got you, baby. It's going to be okay. Just breathe for me. I need you to breathe." He began shushing him again and repeating "I've got you" to John as they gently rocked.