Chapter 9 Heavy Tension

The next morning at work, owen noticed a change in your demeanor. You were distant from him rather than happily chatting with him the moment he arrived for work the past two weeks. You've both grown closer. Spending all hours of the day, almost, with one another. And while most people may find that annoying Owen found he didn't, enjoying your company deeply.

So when you didn't greet him with a smile and a joke he knew something was wrong. Walking into his office that morning Owen had greeted you with his normal lopsided grin but you only looked up at him. A weight in your eyes as you said a quaint morning and then resumed what you were doing.

He tried pressing about it but you said nothing was wrong and brushed him and the subject off completely. Since then you've avoided him. Owen doesn't get it, has he done something wrong? The idea you're pushing him away made his stomach twist in dread. He liked you, more than he should, this like was an attraction now and a serious one he wasn't sure how to deal with.

He realized it maybe a week ago, realizing that he didn't like Claire as much as he thought, he was nervous and embarrassed about messing up in front of you because he cared what you thought not claire.

So Owen was stuck, had he done something wrong to upset you? Had he angered you? Insulted you? He was lost, you didn't even want to talk to him and he doesn't understand it. You both were good yesterday you were even happy when he said his goodbyes at work. Did something happen between then?

Owen grunted his eyes narrowing down as he stared at his four girls who were definitely disobeying him majorly today. Can they sense his mood?

"Charlie, echo, blue, delta, eyes up here." Owen motioned towards his eyes with two fingers clicking the clicker in his right hand. All four raptors chirped at him seeming like they wanted to tell him something but refused to listen to his command. Owen pierced his lips staring down below him intently. He guessed today was just gonna be one of those days.

"Uh-owen?" Suddenly you're voice called out to him making his head turn from where it was lowered to stare at you as you walked across the cat walk to meet him where he stood offering him a clip board.

"Can you sign these for me?"

"Sure." Owen took the pen and clip board looking through the papers before signing his name. You avoided his gaze as he finished handing you your things back.

"Thanks." You muttered and moved to walk away before Owen stopped you.

"Hey wait." He grabbed your elbow gently, in a quick motion to stop you from walking away, watching as you turned to reluctantly look at him.

"Is there something bothering you?" Owen made a face as he looked at you and you just smiled, but he knew it was fake.

"I'm sure, but you should be more focused on your training, looks like they aren't listening to you today." You motioned your hand down to where the girls were now all four of them were staring up at you two intently.

"I can't get them to listen to me, just watch." Owen groaned moving away from you clicking the clicker standing straighter now giving his command for them to look up. They all listened. His eyes widened a bit and he glanced at you as you looked at him a bit amused then the expression fell.

"You seem to have it under control." You began to walk away and that's when the girls started to make the noises again. Then it clicked.

"Wait." Owen called one last time walking over to you.

"Owen I'm super busy-" you turned away from him as he guided you back to where he was standing.

"I'm just testing something, shh." Owen made you stand close to him and then he turned back to the girls as they stared up at you and Owen seeming to anticipate the next command. Owen then made the command for them to all look down, and they surprisingly listened making you peer over the railing in surprise.