Chapter 2: Get Back

After Oswald threatened her, he directly left Vanessa at the entrance of the hospital and drove away.

Vanessa lay on the ground, her arms and knees hurting so much that she couldn't use any strength. Her abdomen hurt so much because of having an abortion. She hurt so hard to breathe.

She lay on her stomach for a long time, but she did not have the strength to get up. She was helped up by a kindhearted passer—by and sent to the hospital again.

When the nurse who persuaded her to be hospitalized before saw her come back miserably, and asked Vanessa in surprise what happened.

anessa lowered her eyes in embarrassment and said, "Nothing. I accidentally fell down the stairs …"

The nurse hurriedly supported her and persuaded, "You might as well stay in the hospital for a while. Having an abortion is different from other surgeries. If you leave behind any gynecological sequelae, you will be tortured for the rest of your life."

Vanessa listened in a trance, feeling sad.She originally wanted to rest in the hospital for one night, and came back to home early the next morning, but she didn't expect that she would suddenly have a high fever in the night. She didn't even have the strength to get out of bed. She had an intravenous drip, and then the fever subsided the next evening.

In a serious illness, Vanessa's body was weak, and dizzy. Not to mention the pain in her joints, even the pain in her liver had broken out. The sharp and lingering pain caused Vanessa to curl up her body and groan endlessly.

She was so miserable that her consciousness was muddled. Suddenly, her phone rang.

Vanessa struggled to pick up her phone and answered the phone.

"Vanessa, where are you?" Oswald's voice was filled with anger.

"I … um …" Just as Vanessa said one word, she was forced to mutter by the pain in her liver. Her breathing was heavy and her entire body was covered in cold sweat.

"What are you doing?" Oswald's voice suddenly turned cold. He did not hear the suppressed pain in Vanessa's voice. He only felt ambiguous.

It was as if this woman was doing shameless things with other men while answering his phone.Vanessa was so painful that she couldn't speak, and she couldn't help puffing.

"Vanessa, get the hell back here right now!" Oswald bellowed, his anger surging.

Vanessa closed her eyes, and hung up the phone.She really didn't have the strength to appease Oswald's anger.

She was in great pain …

On the other side, Oswald paused for two seconds in disbelief when he heard the beeping sound of the phone being hung up, then he suddenly smashed his phone.

Today was his birthday, so he took the initiative to go home. He thought that he would see the woman cooking a lot of dishes for him to celebrate his birthday, but when he pushed open the door, he saw only the silence in the room.

He called that woman and wanted her to come back, but that woman was actually sleeping with another man!

He was more and more angry. Oswald lost control of his emotions and kicked the coffee table again.

The coffee table was kicked down, the vase on it shattered, the flowers fell, and the petals scattered all over the ground.

"Vanessa!" Oswald fell down on the sofa, gritted his teeth, and called her name.He raised his hand to support his forehead and thought about how he would punish and torture that woman when she came back.

However, the few ambiguous gasps from the phone just now still lingered in his mind.

Oswald gritted his teeth tightly and endured until veins burst out from his forehead.

Time passed minute by minute.

When the sun rose outside the window, the sun shone through the glass and spilled all the way to Oswald's feet.

That woman still hadn't returned.Oswald finally ran out of patience. He stood up and strode out.

When he passed by the living room, he suddenly stopped and turned to look at the wedding photo hanging on the wall of the living room.In the photo, Oswald was expressionless, while Vanessa wore a sweet smile. Her face was filled with happiness.

It was really an eyesore.

Oswald pulled off the photo and smashed it on the ground.

The frame glass shattered, and the photo fell out.

Oswald stepped it a few more times.He would never enter this so—called home again.

"Bang!"Oswald slammed the door and left.