17: Summary

Authors note: there's not much to say for this chapter, well for Ally at least. I'm going to give a summary of these next episodes: 

Korra loses her memory and meets firebenders who help her regain connection to her avatar spirit. She traveled back in her past lives to the very first avatar, avatar Wan. His first element was fire, given to him by a giant lion turtle. When he lied to the lion turtle, he was banished into the spirit wilds for eternity. He befriended spirits and decided to live among them. He mastered firebending with the help of the dragons and after a few years he left the spirit wilds to go find other lion turtle cities. The way lion turtle cities work, is there's a giant lion turtle, and on their back, cities were made. On his journey, Wan met Raava and Vaatu, the all powerful spirits of dark and light, cursed to battle for all eternity. Vaatu tricked Wan into separating him from Raava, and Wan did. Only after he freed Vaatu, did he learn that the spirit was dark and evil. Raava was the spirit of light and peace, she kept things in balance by keeping Vaatu under control. Wan found another lion turtle city, this time it was a lion turtle who could give the power of air. 

He met the men and women who lived in the city, they lived peacefully until Vaatu arrived. He turned the light spirits dark until Raava arrived and sent him away. He got the power of air from the lion turtle and trained with Raava to master the elements of air and fire. Over the course of a year, before harmonic convergence, the battle for the fate of the world, Wan mastered 2 other elements. The elements of water and earth. There was a battle between humans and spirits, and Vaatu corrupted everyone. Raava took Wan to the spirit portals, the place where 2 worlds meet. Wan battled Vaatu and was able to lock him in the Tree of Time, a tree in the middle of the two portals, the north and south. He used a combination of all four elements to save use Vaatu in his eternal prison. Wan bonded with Raava forever, creating the first Avatar. He closed the portals so no human would ever be able free Vaatu. He returned all the spirits to the spirit world and became the bridge between the two worlds. When Wan died, the next Avatar was born as the master of all four elements. When Korra woke up, she remembered everything, who she was and her mission. Harmonic convergence was only weeks away and she needed to close the southern portal before it was too late.