Chapter Thirty-One: Obsidian Black

"So, tell us, what's this plan of yours?" Mason asked, interlocking his fingers as both he and B-64 sat on one of the many tables. Ion paused for a moment, his visor's facial features turning up blank.

Catalyst sighed deeply, turning to the group, "He gets like this some times. I'll be the one to explain, please follow me."

Catalyst generated a small humph as he pushed himself off of the table. He glanced at the still frozen Ion, shook his head, and started down the nearly infinite room. Mason and B-64 shared a look of intrigue, and got off the table they had just got onto.

Mason called Hannah over, of which she quickly came to his side, and started to walk. Marissa and Axel lagged behind somewhat, feeling just a tad out of place and awkward. Besides, the air in that place was rather strange, as the chemicals that reacted with it were not all together pleasant the farther they went.

"B-01 has organized the entirety of the mobile units division in his army. I guess you could call him a general, but he has a lot more power than that: Everything from Volcana-3 to... Right, to Blue-Team-4." Catalyst told them as they walked, the ceiling of the room curving slightly downwards as they continued, though the horizon never changed.

Catalyst sighed once more, swiping his hand across one of the tables, and Mason mimicked him, sliding his own hand against it, "But there are two teams that he has no jurisdiction over, those being Obsidian-1 and Pearly Gates."

"Wait, Obsidian-1 tried to kill us!" Marissa said, her voice stretching as she reached the end of her sentence. She felt slightly dizzy inside that place the longer she walked with Catalyst, feeling some sort of pressure inside her head.

"Right you are. They were sent by B-04 after he asked Ion for permission of the team. Unluckily, only four out of the nineteen crew members actually managed to survive B-04's wrath." Catalyst looked down, a somewhat sorrowful face on his visor.

This surprised B-64. He knew about the team because he was a captain, but he never knew who controlled them, nor how many were on there. Then again, he had no contact with his home planet for quite a long time.

"And for Pearly Gates, they are currently fighting on earth at this moment." Catalyst chuckled as he heard the surprised vocalizations of the others, "They utilize White Boson Energy, I assume that you have heard about the opposite of Obsidian-1. Which leads me here."

Catalyst stopped right in front of a large, almost stone like structure. It was writhing somewhat, even if it looked stone like there were soft ripples in the surface, as though not completely solid, "This right here is a Eon-Gate, a little portal into what is considered right now, a pocket dimension. Created by Eon a couple Millenia ago."

"Okay but-" Axel started, walking in front of the group. His face was screwed up in confusion and misunderstanding, a face that fit all together well on the hyena, "Why are you telling us this?"

"Because, the fate of-"

"I get it, okay!" Axel yelled, gripping his electric blue hair and pulling it, "I get it! We've been told this so many times, it's not a big revelation! So cut the bullshit, and tell us what this so-called plan is so that we can understand everything, instead of doing this shitty 'wait until you we are there' shtick and just tell us!"

Axel said it with such ferocity, such force that both protogen took a step back. A small vein was threatening to pop on Axel's forehead as his entire body took on an almost ethereal blue glow. One all to similar.

"That's why." Catalyst said, eyeballing the blue haze surrounding Axel. His visor's face was stoked with abject fear and some humiliation. He wasn't used to being yelled at like that, seeing as he was the private assistant to Ion.