Chapter Twenty- Three

"I swear to the gods drive faster Stiles!" Percy exclaimed slamming his hand on the dash of his Jeep.

"HEY! Don't hit my car!" Stiles exclaimed.

"OH FOR ZEUS SAKE DRIVE!" Percy screamed.

"I find it highly uncomfortable when you curse the Greek gods!" Stiles exclaimed, "Why do you do that!?"

"It's slang!" Percy grumbled defending himself , "We were like twelve and we made up slang for curse words!"

"STILES DRIVE!" Scott yelled from the back seat.

"ALRIGHT!" Stiles exclaimed pressing down onto the gas peddle, "If my engine blows I'm sending you the bill!"

"And what are you going to do when he son of Aphrodite ends up with a fifty cal bullet in his head huh!?" Percy snapped back.

"Okay yeah yeah that's bad," Stiles murmured as he started to drive faster once again.

"Scott how far?" Percy asked glancing back at his friend.
"Uh two miles? I think he's out by the factories, STILES RED LIGHT!"
The Jeep came halting to a stop and Percy barely had time to stop himself from head butting the windshield.

"Scott which way!" Percy asked once again.

"Over there!" Scott pointed towards some old factory buildings.
"Alright fuck this," Percy mumbled as he slapped his arm bracelet and jumped out of the Jeep. He sped off super fast, and Scott and Stiles glanced at one another.

"So any update when you're gonna be able to do that?" Scott asked.
"Oh shut up at least I have a car," Stiles shot back.

"Percy has a car as well," Scott pointed out.

"Hey! Stop being a back seat driver!" Stiles exclaimed as he patiently waited for the red light to to turn to green. As his fingers drummed against his steering wheel he couldn't once again help but to feel helpless. Scott and Percy were always the ones that would rush into things, be able to put themselves above everyone else. Yet Stiles learns he's a demigod and he hasn't been able to help at all. With everything going on he understood why it was taking so long for Percy to teach him how to be a demigod. But every day, he felt that the odds were falling against them. Everyday Stiles felt that if maybe he could do something useful that he could help his friend win this battle they had fallen into.

Stiles was tired of being useless, he wanted to be able to help his friends. Especially those who had no idea what the hell was going on. Sure Jackson now knew some of the truth but he was to naive to realize how fucked up it all was. Shaking his head at the red light Stiles couldn't help himself feel that he really wanted to feel like a Hero.

>>>

Percy cut the corner by the factories slamming down on his wrist and thanked the gods that he was in athletic wear. He forced some of Stiles random headphones into his ears to make it look like he was on a run. Turning his sprint into a jog Percy causally found himself jogging into a scene where he saw Jackson and Chris Argent, and Percy knew whatever was happening couldn't be good.

Jogging closer to them he pulled out one of his earbuds that wasn't playing music and stopped.

"Everything okay?" Percy asked causally.

"Oh hey Percy," Argent greeted with a smile as he walked closer to him and extending a hand. Percy knee that Allison's father was rather fond of him, he had no clue why but his current girlfriend had stated that he was the first boy that didn't attack her boyfriend anytime they were over. Allison's thoughts to the matter was the fact that Percy's cover story was quite convincing.