ii.

You always did love your dreams, dear sister.

How different did those dreams make you, dear sister? 

I was the closest to you out of everyone in the castle, and yet those ocean eyes refused to tell me the secrets of what lay lurking in those depths. It was not that you wished to hide, I was just foolish enough to not see.

I should have known, knowing how different you were from the rest of us.

Our eldest sister was studious and serious, next in line to the throne. A proper queen. She was always Grandmother's favourite.

Our second sister was artistic and creative, preparing the most beautiful pieces of art. We used to say that she cut halves of beauty—with her sketches and her descriptions.

Then me. I was the attention seeking, rambunctious, troublemaker of all of us. The bane of all the servants. The wrath of the castle. I had not much to offer, other than horrible jokes and a pound of trouble.

Then our fourth sister, shy and peaceful—beloved by all animals and creatures, pride of the kingdom. She was truly the most loveable of all of us.

Then you.

You were born two years after me, on the dawn of a silvery winter morning. And, just like the winter morning, you were quiet, thoughtful, content with swimming in dreams than flailing in reality.Your voice was the most beautiful of all of us, yet you rarely spoke. You stayed dreaming while we played amongst the hallways of the Royal Palace, always dreaming of the surface and what lay beyond.

You were always the most beautiful of us all.