2

Alvares.

"Alvares!! Alvares!!"

I looked around searching for whoever was searching for me. It was Danny my beta's mate.

"Hey I'm sorry to bother you, I made you these." He hands over the jar with cookies. "Thank you."

"Anything for you Alpha."

It's been five blissful years. I left the Cold Lake pack and moved to a region further west. To a town called Sydney Fall, it's small and mostly wolves that are under my care. We have been expanding slowly like St Maine, but we're not as close to them.

After my tragic fallout with my father, I left that night. I became a rogue for a while until I came across Axel, he was a rogue as well. We got along, from then on we became friends and we built the Crescent Fall pack together.

"So did you finally get that approval to expand alpha Heathen." With the change of packs also came my name, and my appearance. I always thought I would be dominant, just not to the extent it's gotten.

"Yes I did."

"That's great news." It was great news, with more wolves coming to join my pack I needed to expand the territory and extend the packhouse, build more houses.

"I didn't know you got more tattoos." He exclaims and I acknowledge silently. I didn't like to talk unless it was important and everyone knew that. I a man of few words literally.

"Alpha there are wolves by the training grounds requesting to see you." I nod to the wolf who had informed me and silently bid farewell to Danny.

To everyone, I seemed to be terrifying never him or his mate and a few others. After I left, I found myself training more and harder. It seemed my alpha blood came into play.

For a guy who was 6'3 I'm at a solid 7'0, Axel is always asking how I got so tall and I always give him the same answer, I trained. Over time the crescent fall pack has grown in strength.

We aren't many but we are still a force not to be taken lightly. I have trained each and every one of them to a standard I can say I'm proud of.

We aren't brutal savages, maybe in battle, but this pack was my family, each and every wolf was my family and I would protect them with my life.

I walk toward the training grounds with my jar. I wonder if they taste as good as before. I spot Axel already at the place with the wolves I didn't recognize.

"Good afternoon Alpha Heathen." I nod to them. Axel tries to reach for my jar and I sternly look at him. "Please just one." I glare at him even more.

"You're extra mean today." I only huff and turn to look at the wolves that had requested to see me. Why did they look so terrified?

"Alpha we come in peace seeking safety and sanctuary under your care." They were rogues but I could tell they meant no harm, they were looking for a place to belong.

I nod toward Axel. "Come with me." He spoke directly to our new pack members. He would place the link once they were settled in.

I made my way home thinking of how five years ago I was still dreaming of a mate that got taken from me, now I have a whole pack, nine hundred wolves and still growing wolves under my care.

This was my resolve that night, I would make myself better and show my brother and the Cold Lake Pack that I wasn't useless, I was much more than they expected and I was sure as hell could be a good Alpha.

The old me wasn't totally gone, yet I may have changed in personality I was still me, deep down well a little I guess.

After showering and eating I collect the books I needed to return to the newly opened bookstore in town. So I hopped into my car and drove into town.

It was mostly wolves and the humans that lived here were usually mates of the wolves. Those who weren't aware were simply not affiliated with the pack.

"Good Afternoon Heathen." His name was Aries, had a beautiful English accent and his brown locks bounced atop his head.

"Do you ever talk." Ever since I let him into the pack he's been increasingly hard to ignore. I tried staying away from him but that encouraged the little thing.

"Your books." He huffs. "I'm not taking then unless you talk to me." He glares at me, like that would work with his lips curled into a pout.

"Hello Aries." Happily beaming a smile he takes the books. It's not that I don't like Aries, but he's a wolf, if he didn't have a mate, he might have one on the way, I didn't want to get my hopes up only for them to be crushed.

I walked toward the isles of books leaving Aries by the counter. The jingle of the doorbell signaling someone coming in had me on alert since Aries's heartbeat was frantic.

"What do you want now?" His voice was annoyed. Why would he be annoyed, was someone bothering him? I questioned myself walking back to the counter.

"I said no okay, I don't fucking want you, now leave before I kick your ass and then kick you out of my store." Feisty. I liked that.

"Let go of me you creep!" He yelled and I grabbed the man's arms. He looked up at me. He was human, no wolf would ever harass Aries that's not our way.
.

"He said no." I said flatly. "Look man this got nothing to do with you, so just mind your own business." I began crushing his arm with my own hand.

"Let go." He screamed in pain and finally let go Aries. I looked at him checking his hand, It was already healing. I knew why he didn't actually beat the guy and first told him to just leave him alone, he was human and Aries was a wolf, we could easily kill him in anger.

I keep applying pressure onto the man's arm, his screams filled the whole shop. "If I see you again anywhere near him, I will snap you in half like a twig." The human frantically nods.

"Thank you." It was after the man had left when he said that. I only nod to him and show him the books I wanted to take with me.

"Will you be at the festival candle lighting ceremony." I wasn't going to be there I had no reason to be there. So I didn't respond.

"Oh you're always grouchy, I bet you don't like crowds, but you're coming with me you need to let loose a little Heathen." Aries was also one among the few who weren't terrified of me.

But I wasn't going to the festival. So I remained silent hoping he would get the hint. Silently I bid the little feisty wolf goodbye and headed home.

I find Danny and Axel standing by my front porch. I wondered what they wanted. "Hello Heathen, we came to have dinner with you." I groaned unlocking the house.

"Suck it up Heathen, you live alone, if we could we would sleep here." I'm sure he could see the absolute horror in my eyes.

As much as I cared about Axel, him and his mate were too chatty for my liking, I liked my silence it brought calm to my mind so that I wouldn't remember what happened long ago.

"You don't have to look so mortified, it was just a joke, anyway the new wolves have been informed of training at 4 in the morning just how the alpha likes it and their children will be enrolled at the local school." He knew I wouldn't verbally reply so I just nod.

Though he was talking my mind seemed to wander to Aries.

Feisty little thing.

+++

LMJ