Chapter 131

They all looked around at the cat Patronus amusingly. "That doesn't look like Crookshanks, though," Remus muttered quietly so only Jenna could hear him.

But then they all laughed when Sirius's dog Patronus started chasing around Jenna's.

"Now that's ironic," said James with a grin and so Sirius punched him playfully on the arm.

"This is a sign, you know," Alice said dreamily as she watched their Patronuses.

"What do you mean?" Jenna asked.

"Well... our Patronuses speak a lot about who we are and who we're meant to be with," she explained. "I think his dog chasing your cat shows that he'll never let you go."

For some reason, the atmosphere got a little bit uncomfortable at Alice's cheery tone and no one knew what they were supposed to say to that, until Remus thankfully broke the silence.

"I still haven't got mine," Remus said disappointedly.

"Yeah, me neither," said Marlene and Peter nodded in agreement as well.

Alice and Jenna went to help Marlene, Sirius tried teaching Peter, and James went over Remus.

"I think you're doing the wrist movement wrong, Moony," said James, and then did it again to show him how it was supposed to be done.

"All right... I think I got it..." and with that, Remus performed the spell. He smiled broadly when his Patronus started to take form of an animal, but it soon faded when he saw that it had turned into a wolf.

That night, Peter didn't manage to make his, so James promised him that he would help him later. But last minute, Marlene finally managed to perform hers, which took the form of a squirrel.

"Ugh... but squirrels are dumb!" she said with a huff.

Alice giggled. "I think they are adorable."

***

After that night, the group spent most of their time in the library throughout the days; not to study, but to learn about new jinxes or defensive spells to practice later on.

They barely had time for Quidditch practice, which led to losing the final match and handing over the Cup to Ravenclaw that year. But for some reason, none of them cared much about it anymore.

       Throughout the next months, it seemed that none of the old things they cared so much about had become meaningless, such as studying or even House points.

But as their N.E.W.Ts approached, they had to dedicate at least a few hours to studying after McGonagall had a firm talk with all of them.

Only a week was left to their first exam, which meant that the school year was close to an end.

James, Peter, and Remus were studying in the library, while Alice, Marlene, and Jenna were in the common room along with Sirius.

Alice was trying her best to explain Herbology to Marlene and share her latest notes with her, but Marlene seemed to get more confused by the second.

"This is rubbish." Sirius groaned, staring down at his Transfigurations book.

"It's not that hard." Jenna shrugged.

"Easy for you to say," Sirius mumbled grumpily. "I almost caught my hair on fire last year when I was trying to change my hair color!"