Chapter 8

------------------> "THIS IS THE MONDAYEST MONDAY THAT EVER MONDAYED

------------------> "THIS IS THE MONDAYEST MONDAY THAT EVER MONDAYED." Artemis muttered under her breath as she walked to the classroom with her best friends at her side, prompting Roman to nod tiredly.

"I know right. I am pretty sure I mastered the ability to sleep with my eyes open during the D.A.D.A class." He said.

Gen nodded. "I know! I cannot believe it's only the second week of school, and we already had a class test in Charms earlier today! It's like the teachers have nothing better to do than see to it that the mental health of students deteriorates." She ranted.

"I take it you didn't do your test well, then?" Roman asked dryly.

Gen scowled. "I'm contemplating giving my grades up for adoption since I cannot raise them well myself." She said, before turning to her friends. "Speaking of adoption, has anybody seen Rubeus yet?"

"Your adopted lion? No." Roman replied.

"But, if you want to, I think I have a copy of the third year Gryffindor's class schedule," Artemis told her. "I am sure that with it, you can 'accidentally' bump into him and check up on his health and conditions."

Gen nodded seriously. "I will, thanks."

Sadly, Mondays meant that they had potion class right before lunch, which made everybody desperately hope that the period got over soon and leading them to not pay much attention while Professor Slughorn was teaching.

The three friends parted ways upon entering the middle of the classroom, walking over to right in the front of the class where their respective partners were already seated.

On the way, however, Roman -being the sweet, occasionally clumsy, cinnamon roll he was- tripped and met the ground with his face.

Artemis gasped loudly at that, drawing attention towards her as she pointed a finger at him. "The Empire has fallen." She declared in an ominous, serious voice, making many of the students in the classroom laugh, including Tom Riddle.

Roman helped himself get up, dusted his robes and shot her a glare. "You know, other friends would help their friend get up when he has fallen to the ground."

"Oh yes. How boring it must be to be one of those basic, ordinary people." Artemis mused.

Roman narrowed his eyes at her. "I hate you."

"I love you too." She winked.

"I hate you to the ends of the earth and back."

"And I love you in this universe and all the parallel ones." She said with a bright grin, making Roman's lips twitch.

Professor Slughorn jovially entered the room then, effectively stopping Roman from answering and prompting everybody to be seated.

"Are you excited for the Ravenclaw versus Gryffindor Quidditch match next week?" Artemis asked Tom Riddle in a way of greeting as she sat down beside him.