13: The Trial

Exciting chapter c;

  I sat on the ground of the unisex bathroom, my hands shaking violently. I was in the building where the trial would be held, and in that room two people who I did not want to see every again I would have to face. I was having some sort of anxiety attack or something, and there was nobody here to help me. As far as Silva knew I was just going to the bathroom. I wanted Harry to come and rescue me. I felt like someone had just thrown me in the ocean in the middle of a storm, and there was nobody to save me.

  I heard the door swing open, and I quickly scrambled to my feet and turned to the wall, trying to act preoccupied in the towel dispenser as they would slip into a stall. I grabbed a paper towel and acted like I was drying my hands as I waited for the squeaking sound of the stall to open, but it never did.

  "...Darcy?" A male voice asked behind me. I warm feeling grew in the pit of my stomach, and I turned around to me hugged by none other than Harry Styles. I had no idea why he was here or how he managed to get here, but I didn't care. I wasn't alone.

  "Don't go, please." I cried into his shoulder. "I'm so scared." He shushed me, playing with some loose hair that had gone on my back, and we stood there looking like two idiots by the sinks in the bathroom. For the first time in days, I finally felt secure. I didn't even begin to think about what would happen when he left, I just embraced the moment and wished it wouldn't end.

  "You won't be alone. I told the judge I'd speak for you. You don't even have to look their way." Harry reassured me, patting down my hair. I nodded, my head stuck in the crook of his neck. He didn't mind it though, and we stood there for forever like we did a week ago when he left. Maybe now was the perfect time to tell him how I had been feeling.

  "Harry?" I asked. My voice squeaking mid-word, and I cleared it as my heart began to race. Since we were hugging, he could probably feel that too. I could feel my thighs starting to sweat and pushed the mere thought of telling him out of my mind.

  "Hmm?" He asked. I had to say something now.

  "Thank you." I managed to think up quickly. We let go and stared at each other for a long while until we heard a flush coming though a stall and both burst out laughing as we rushed out of the bathroom before the poor person having to hear that came out. I'd be so embarrassed.

  Harry held my shaky hand tightly as we made our way over to a bench. I saw Silvia watching us with a broad smile playing on her lips. She had known about Harry coming all along. In the car, she kept telling me that today was going to turn out better than I thought, and now I understand her reasoning. 

  "How'd you get here?" I asked him, turning and focusing on his as some people passed by and stared at me. They all knew me as Darcy Monroe, the girl who was kidnapped and all over the news nowadays. I wish they could put themselves in my shoes and see how much of an outsider I felt, but they never would. 

  "I got a plane ticket. Now, I need you to tell me everything that happened to you these two years. I know it's going to seem hard, but it's better than saying it in front of the jury." He instructed, fixing the black tie he was wearing. I finally looked at his outfit; a black tux, white undershirt, and black tie. It was weird seeing him dressing so formal, but I'm not saying that it didn't look good on him.

  "Erm..." I began, forcing myself to say it. "I was stuck in the basement, and I didn't get enough food. I was pushed down the stairs. That's all." I said quickly. My voice was shaky and distant, and when I heard myself talking it didn't sound like me at all. I was a whole different person. Harry cupped my head with his hands, forcing me to look him in the eye. I hoped he couldn't feel my cheeks burning.

  "It's okay, Darcy. Nothing is going to happen to you like that, ever again." He promised me, holding out his pinky. I locked it with mine and smiled, beyond grateful that he was here. He honestly didn't know at all just how much he meant to me. "Can I see one of those pills you take?" He asked. "Silvia told me you brought them to show the judge."

  I slipped my hand into my pocket and grabbed the little capsule of yellow pills. They were to help me gain more weight, since I was used to not eating much the doctor said my eating pattern wouldn't change much. I handed it to him and he slipped it into his pocket. He squeezed my hand once more, and we entered the courthouse together, followed by the jury members.

  ****

  I kept my eyes trained on the ground. I could hear the sound of metal handcuffs hitting against each other, and that only meant one thing: William Silverings and Pamela Silverings were in the same room as me. I could practically feel Silvia and Harry stiffing up on either side of me as the judge hit his gavel on the podium.

  "Silence." He called. All of the jury members stopped anxiously talking amongst each other and looked up at the judge. I still had my eyes trained on the marble floor, and I prayed that I wouldn't have to look at anyone.

  "Would miss Darcy Mae Monroe's representative please come forward?" The judge called out. I caught Harry walking forward out of the corner of my eye, but when I saw the orange jumpsuits behind him I gasped silently and looked back at the ground in front of me. I knew they were looking at me.

  "Name please."

  "Harry Styles." A deep voice that I recognized to be Harry's said. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of hope as he said it. He always sounded so comforting and sure of himself that it rubbed off on me most of the time.

  "And Harry, why should this man and woman be kept in prison?" The judge asked.

  "They trapped her in their basement for two years, underfed her, and pushed her down the stairs multiple times. She's received a broken toe, an arm broken in six spots, and scars. That's physical abuse and shouldn't be dealt with lightly." Harry said confidently. I heard a man grunt from the corner of the room, and someone else say 'William' rather sternly. There were hardly any sounds in the courtroom, and if someone even breathed across the room it would be heard clear as day.

  "Thank you, Mr. Styles, you may be seated." The judge said. "Please William and Pamela Silverings come forward." I felt Harry slip in next to me and give my hand a squeeze. I was surprised at how strong I felt now, and forced myself to look up at my two captors.

  Something about them felt different. William still had that awful long beard of his and a shiny bald head, and Pamela still had a gap in between her teeth and the same greasy blonde hair. I held my breath for a moment, and Harry squeezed my arm reassuringly.

  "Anything you'd like to say in your defense?" The judge asked.

  "Yes." William said. I could feel the tension in the air rise. "Darcy Monroe, this isn't the end."

  "Actually, Mr. Silverings, it is. You've just earned yourself 30 years in prison. Case closed."

  So, what do you think? This is one of my longest chapters ever :o Vote, fan, and ESPECIALLY COMMENT! c: