Part 23

A few years later.

Taehyung's POV

Waking up to the alarm, I got out the bed and walked without really opening my eyes, depending mostly on my sense of touch to make my way to the bathroom.

Reaching the destination successfully without stubbing any toe in the process, I proceeded brushing my teeth and washing my face.

"Still handsome as always, Kim" winking to my reflection and pointing to the mirror, I dried my face with a face towel as I walked to the kitchen.

"Morning, Tae! You're up early. I thought you have today off?" Jimin greeted brightly, smiling his beautiful eye-smile towards my way.

"Morning, Jiminie. I forgot to turn off my alarm," still feeling a little sleepy after having such a long shift last night, cooking nonstop for a party held at the hotel, I was given a day rest by the head chief who turned out to be Hoseok after all.

"Have a seat. I cook just as you told and I think it turns out good, although not as good as yours," Jimin took a last bite of his food before quickly washing his dishes, and went to grab his bag on the chair.

"It's very tasty, Jimin. This is much, much, much better than Joon hyung's burnt omelet," I said as I happily munched a big bite of the food in my mouth.

"Hey, he'd be sad if he heard it," Jimin pouted as he defended the dimpled brother of mine.

"Sometimes we need to be cruel so that we won't get poisoned to death eating dangerous food such as Namjoon hyung's cooking," I said seriously, but Jimin just laughed it off, shaking his head at my precious advice.

"I'm going to be late for work, Tae. We'll meet up later for Namjoon hyung's bachelor party, okay?" he reminded, rushing to the front door without forgetting his jacket.

"Alright, careful on your way to work," I yelled with full mouth, continued enjoying the breakfast.

"Noted. Byeee," Jimin replied just as loud as I was, and soon, I heard the door being opened and closed, leaving me with a deafening silence as I was left alone in the house.

Taking another bite of Jimin's cooking, I let out a soft sigh as I thought about the boy who just went out the front door.

It took almost two years for Jimin to be able to smile like that again.

Receiving info from Jungkook that one night three years ago saying that Jimin suddenly went missing from his home and was nowhere to be found in his hometown, I decided to look for him at our shared house the next day, only to find him crying his heart out at a park near our house in the middle of the night.

He told me everything that Jungkook did.

And to be completely honest, I wasn't that shocked. I've seen how Jungkook and the girl acted in class, I could predict that much of what would have happened between them.

But the news of his most trusted person to be cheating on him in the worst possible way ever was probably too hard to be accepted by Jimin, who was nothing but a kind guy, who was too pure for this harsh world.

He was so brokenhearted when I found him, that he refused to eat for a few days, only crying in his bed.

However, I was thankful enough that the boy wanted to confide to me, and he eventually opened up, letting Namjoon, Hoseok and me to help him back to his health.

When we were back into the university for a new semester, three of us would always make sure that Jimin won't see Jungkook at all, to prevent the boy being engulfed in sadness anymore.

Namjoon and I even begged our father to rescheduled some of the classes, just so that the boy won't ever cross path with his ex boyfriend throughout the rest of his university life.

Yet, even after everything we've done, Jimin was still different.

The cheerful Jimin wasn't there anymore, and was replaced by a colder and closed off Jimin instead. He had never opened up to any new people except us three nor acted so happily, not until recently.

I didn't know what happened, but it turned out that Namjoon's fiancé was Jimin’s childhood friend, Kim Seokjin. The boy came from a normal background like Jimin, but he had made his own name known among the big companies as one of the rising young entrepreneurs in the business world.

Thus, having Jimin working under the male's wings, the two regularly spent their time together. Seokjin by his side had probably gave a different kind of strength to Jimin, making him slowly go back to the cheerful Jimin that we've missed all these while.