Chapter 4

| Blindly surging into a blind date |

Saturday passed in a blink of an eye. Normally I would have to go out and get my mother to the plaza. I would watch her perform along with other Ayi and Shushu, after that, I would go on my room and play with my phone.

But today, all of my appointments, would be canceled.

It seems like I'll go to a battle today from the looks of it.

I mean I've never been on a blind date before, it's my first time and I don't know what I should do and wear.

The reflection on my face reveals a hint of nervousness and a taut figure. I just finished showering and is now sweating buckets from anxiety.

It's stressing the shit out of me and all I could do was to panick yesterday night searching for topics and reading about blind date experiences, which is a very stressful thing to do.

I left the bathroom after getting my hair done and dry, stepping into my room, the blaring sound from my ringtone shocked me slightly.

The sound of my phone rang aloud, it was mellow and soft because it was my favorite song, You who sat next to me by Lao Lang. It was a call coming from Ping Ling so I pressed the answer button and immediately regrets it the moment her high pitched voice registered into my ears.

"Feng jie! I've been calling you for the past half hour! Where have you been?! Are you backing out from the blind date?"

"What? No! I was showering so I didn't hear you calling!" I heard her sigh and was a bit guilty.

I mean she must think that I'm too afraid to go now, well that's the complete truth but I won't back down on a promised I've made.

"We'll meet at Grand Fantasy Central Mall in...11 sharp! Of course you need to be introduced with each other first before you move on and oh! We'll leave you be and-"

"Wait! Just....calm down Ping Ling! It's like...eight in the morning! We still have like three hours!" I explained to her and just distanced my phone away from her outburst.

"How can you say that we only have three hours! There's so much to do and three hours isn't enough! We need to get you clothes and pair it with some jewelry some shoes and bag and everything! My goodness! I really need to go there, wait for me okay Feng jie? I'll go there let's say five minutes!" She rambles and I was thankful that she'll go here if not I'll be really clueless about this situation.

I can only smile wryly, she's two years my junior yet here I am, inexperienced without any boyfriend whatsoever, getting lectured by my junior who is also currently engaged.

What a life!

Few minutes had passed while I sat there on my room, my phone on the other hand as I watch some dog blood drama, a well known drama that is filled with fresh meats.

"Feng Mian! Someone's calling for you!" I heard my father said as I walked downstairs and opened the door.

There stood a slightly chubby woman with cheeks ablazed in heat as she gave me a knowing smile.

Uh-oh.

I think I'll become her personal doll for today, yikes!

...

We've arrived a little later due to Ping Ling, she was looking for the perfect shoes and I just want her to take anything, it's literally three shoes! What is she trying to find with just three shoes?!

She chose an A line baby blue dress with slight frills at the hem and the sleeves coupled with a white doll shoes and some small, white sling bag.

She told me to dress sweetly, and to act a bit reserved and girly which I scoffed at it my mind. I don't think I'll be able to do that.