Chapter TWENTY-FIVE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Axel Black is not your biological father.

The words just kept repeating in my head like a music on replay. I felt a mix of emotions within me, anger, pain, relief hurt and mostly satisfaction. I was satisfied because at least I knew he hit me so much because I was not his child. But I am hurt too, hurt because my mom never told me. What else don't I know? What else is she keeping from me? But who am I kidding? I didn't tell her my dad- No! Axel did not just hit me, he did way more than that.

"Alex, I'm sorry for not telling you. I didn't know how you would feel about it. I didn't want you to get hurt and I didn't want us to fight again because it seems like that's what we've been doing lately" My mom said breaking into tears while holding my hand. I was just seated on the couch, still and with no expression on my face.

"What happened? Who is my real dad?" I said, staring at the wall.

"When I was in my teens, about your age, I believed totally in there love. That can't come for me easily considering I was the only daughter of the rich Mr and Mrs Dwayne. I never had true friends because I was quiet and kept to myself and those that wanted to be my friends either wanted money or fame. Like other students, I hated school but I studied hard so I could leave with nothing to bring me back. Every day, after school, I always headed to a Cafe before going home to cool my head and take coffee" she said and I raised my eyebrow at that. She ignored me and continued.

"One day, as usual, I entered the Cafe and sat down then heard a male voice ask for my order. I ordered for black coffee, the usual without looking up from my homework and when the waiter came back to give me my coffee, I collected it from him then took a sip which I spat out the moment I saw him, Duncan Bridger. His beautiful hazel eyes were cover by long eyelashes with thick black eyebrows. Part of his long dark brown hair fell over his face as he used his index finger to brush it back. His smooth tanned skin made me want to lay in his strong arms and never leave and his-"

"-Okay, okay, I get it! He's hot and really good looking" I cut her off getting weirded out by the fact that my mom was describing this to me.
She just rolled her eyes at me and continued.

"Anyways, after I realized that I just spat coffee on him, I grabbed a napkin and started to wipe him while apologising frequently. He said it's okay but I kept on wiping his stained shirt. He grabbed my arm and I froze as I rose my head slowly to meet his pair of hazel eyes. He said something but I didn't catch it because I was memorizing his face, every freckle, every curve. And his lips-"

"Oh my God!! Mom!!" I said and she chuckled at me.

"So we parted ways that day and I couldn't stop thinking about him. We met up every other day after that to just talk about random things and life in general. Eventually, he asked me on a date and I gladly said yes. In the night, after the date, things went a little bit out of hand and we both got drunk. In the morning, I was naked under the sheets with no one beside me and there was a tray of black coffee and a letter apologizing for what he has done. It was the sweetest thing ever. We started seeing each other again and I learnt that he was the only male of four sisters from a poor background so he has to do numerous jobs to pay for his education. We started dating and I kept our relationship a secret for good reasons" she paused and took a deep breath as I reached for her hand and interwine it with mine.

"A few weeks later, my dad's business started to increase in number of losses. He decided to get support from another successful and strong company which was owned by the devil, Axel Black. In return for helping my dad, he wanted me. I blatantly disagreed and blurted my secret relationship with Duncan in the process and pleaded to get married to Duncan instead of Axel. My dad disagreed and said he would never go allow me to be in a relationship with someone from a low background then he told me that I was getting married to Axel whether I liked it or not. I threatened to run away with Duncan and the following day, Duncan was found dead in a car 'accident'. The car driving lost control and crashed into a truck, so they reported" my mom said in a shaky voice as she tightened her grip in my hand. I gave her hand a little squeeze and rubbed it gently.