Chapter 5

LIYANA POV

"What's the answer to number 10?"

"It's A" Dallas says nonchalantly.

"No, it was C" I say.

I close the notebook and let out a sigh.

"You got all of these answers wrong so far" I say. He shrugs his shoulders and looks while still while messing with his fingers.

"You're not even paying attention!" I exclaimed. "It's like you're not taking this seriously Dallas!"

He rolls his eyes,"Can we just keep going, I have somewhere to be after this." He says grumpily.

"First of all," I say with a finger pointed at him,"I don't have to tutor you, I could just let you fail" I continue.

"And second of all, keep yo attitude straight when you with me because you will get clapped." I finish.

He scoffs.

"Ok then, now let's finish this" I say while rolling my eyes.
——————————————————————————

I walk into the school building with a blue notebook in hand looking for Devin.

As I'm looking around, I spot Dallas leaning on a locker staring straight ahead while a girl comes up to him.

Her cheeks are bright red and she looks timid.

She says something to him, but he seems not to care.

He says something while still staring at the wall in front of him. I then raise my eyebrows when the girl runs away crying.

Dallas slightly turns his head then makes eye contact with me.

He starts glaring at me while clenching his jaw.

"Oop, ok then" I say then walk away looking for Devin.

I spot her in the hallway getting things out of her locker.

I walk up to her and hide behind her locker door.

When she has everything, she closes her locker and lets out a quick scream.

I start dying of laughter to the point that I can barely hold myself up.

While this is happening Devin is giving me a disapproving look while her hands are on her hips.

"Laugh it up" she huffs.

I continue laughing and start calming down.

"Wooo!" I say while wiping the tears away that formed during my laughing fit.

"Hey girl heyyy" I say. "Here you go fellow bestie" I state proudly while handing her notebook to her.

"Oh thanks, where did you find it?" She questioned.

"A girl named Kayla gave it to me the other day" I state.

Her eyes widen and her cheeks tint just a little bit of pink."Kayla? Kayla Mills?" She questions.

I slowly nod my head wondering about her reaction.

"Kayla Mills gave you my notebook??" She screeches out.

"Girl yes! I already told you that! What's with the repeated question?" I yell.

"Nothing! Gotta go!" She squeaks then starts running away.

I have a perplexed look on my face.

"What the fuck" I say lowly.
——————————————————————————

I get to class and walk to my desk.

Mr. Thomas walks in the class with some papers in hand.

"Good Morning class, today we're going to hav-" he gets interrupted by the classroom door opening.

Dallas comes into view and heads straight towards his desk right behind me.

I roll my eyes.

"Back to what I was saying before I was rudely interrupted" Mr. Thomas says. "I'm going to pass out the test that we had last week"

He then starts going around the class passing out papers, some faced down and some faced up.

He gets to me and I see that I got a 98.

"I'm very proud of you Miss Liyana" Mr. Thomas says with a bright smile.

I nod my head and put my head down.

He gives Dallas his paper and says "Congratulations" and walks away.

I lift my head up and turn to see that Dallas had gotten a 95.

I raise my eyebrows so high that they might beat Mt. Everest.

Dallas sees that I've seen his paper and snatches it out of my sight. I look up at him and he has his jaw clenched and is glaring straight at me.

"You don't need to be tuto-" I get cut off by him.

"I do need tutoring, this is just luck." He grumbles out.

"Clearly it's not!" I say.

He rolls his eyes and grabs his bag.

He gets out of his seat and walks out the classroom closing the door with a bang.

He leaves me wondering.
——————————————————————————

Hiyaa, how the book so far?? Why is Dallas so grouchy?

Let me know! Enjoy 😊
~midnightwinters