Chapter 24

-------------------> HERACLITUS OF EPHESUS was a Greek philosopher who went to live alone in the mountains because he was so distressed by mankind's stupidity

Lyra Cassiopeia Black was genuinely contemplating on following his footsteps.

Unlike what most people assumed, being a part of the Slytherin Court -especially in the position of the Silver Queen- was in no world easy. It was tiring and complicated.

She had to keep up with politics and social gossip of the adults, the policies and laws made by the Wizengamot and the ICW, the newest advancements in research, the history of every single pureblood or noteworthy House in both Britain and across its borders. She also had to have a brilliant understanding of the business world, the markets, trade, culture, languages, national and international diplomacy and the ever-constant trends.

And that was just a third of it.

Another one-third consisted of her finding and making sure that all the newly-graduated Slytherins were settled into jobs (the amount of salary and post of it, however, depended on either their personal hard work or social standing), making contact with them regularly -every single person alive that had graduated from Slytherin, mind you (except her family members for obvious reasons) to ask them if they needed any help (politely and indirectly because Slytherins had a lot of pride) or inviting them to donate monetary sum to various charities if they were wealthy, politely advising a few dodgy individuals to clean up their image lest they wish to disappear because it is reflecting badly on their House or even send them personal, handwritten invites to various gala's and balls and make sure every one of them were sent an invite, even if she knew that they would not attend, because, like she mentioned earlier, Slytherin's had a lot of pride.

And then, there was the last third of her duties which all related to in-school related things such as the reputation of the House of Slytherin, the health, academic and extracurricular activities of it's students, it's prestige at sports and in studies and so on.

Combine all of the above with her studies, family drama, prefect duties, extra curricular, the teachings she had to undergo as a member of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black, tutoring sessions and her own ambitions of becoming a Healer (did she mention that it was the most strictest qualification job?), then one could not blame her for wanting to commit homicide when two first-year Hufflepuffs repeatedly kept badgering her -Lyra now knew why it was their house mascot- to solve their "extremely huge problem" of who was a better singer (Answer: Neither of them).

She wondered if the two girls really were oblivious or were just trying to annoy her because no matter how many times she had told them that both of them were equally as brilliant and she couldn't possibly choose (thirty seven times) and that she really, really had to go to her Care of Magic classes (nineteen times), they would just not listen; hence, making her patience thin to the point of being invisible and letting her to offhandedly wonder why it was called 'common' sense, when it was so clearly not common.