Chapter 30

The next day was a Saturday, so Danny took his time waking up. However, that didn't mean that Dick took his time waking up. "Come on sleepy head!" he knocked loudly on his door.

Danny rolled over to look at his clock. He groaned. "Dick, it's eight o'clock on a Saturday... go back to bed..."

He heard some rattling from the other side and a moment later, Dick was opening the door. Of course, he could pick locks! Danny peaked out from under the covers, and glared at him, "What do you want?" Dick just grinned, "How dare you smile in my presence..."

Dick rolled his eyes and quickly yanked the covers off of him. "Come on! We've got plans today!"

Danny looked at him confused, "I didn't make plans..."

Dick sighed, "That's because they're a surprise! Now come on!" Danny didn't know what else he could do so he decided to play along. "Hurry up and get changed!" he reached into Danny's closet and pulled out a random shirt and jeans.

He caught the clothes Dick threw at him. It seemed that time was of the essence, so he just changed right there. He obviously wasn't fully awake yet or he would have realized his mistake.

"Where did you get those scars?!" Dick asked in shock.

Danny immediately realized his mistake and quickly pulled the shirt over his head. "It's nothing." He finished putting the jeans on. "Just forget about it..." he quickly walked past him out the door.

~time skip~

"Good morning." Bruce greeted as the two boys walked down the stairs. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah..." Danny seemed kind of quiet. More so than usual.

Bruce looked over at Dick who was just staring at Danny. "Is there something wrong?"

"Danny..." Dick kept looking at him, "What happened?"

Danny rolled his eyes, "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

Bruce was confused, "What's wrong?"

Dick continued to frown at Danny, "We just want to help you. You need to show him."

Danny sighed, "Fine..."

Bruce became even more confused when Danny started to take his shirt off. Then he saw it. "What happened..."

Across Danny's chest, there was a long burn like scar. It branched off in different directions like a tree. A long each longer branch, there were smaller lines attached to it. "I was electrocuted." He said looking down. "About a year and a half ago, I was in an accident. I was in the hospital for several days."

"What happened?" Dick asked in shock.

"My parents were scientists." Danny answered carefully. "I was messing around with one of their inventions, when it shocked me."

"A year and a half ago you say?" Danny nodded. Bruce thought back to Danny's report card. One of his teachers mentioned how he had been a good student, until it suddenly changed a year and a half ago... it must have been the accident. Maybe it effected Danny's brain somehow... Bruce would have to find out more...

But that could wait for now. Bruce and Dick had made plans to surprise Danny. So, Bruce wasn't going to think about it anymore. At least, for now...

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading! Stay whelmed and go ghost!)