Nineteen - Mukbang and Jelly Sticks

"Man, Suna's really lucky!" Atsumu exclaimed. "Kamiya-chan, do I have one for me too?" Megumi just threw him a towel. "No fair, Kamiya-chan!"

"Congratulations, Kita-senpai!" Kayo said as she approached the team captain, towel in hand.

"Thank you, Kayo-san." Kita said as he took the towel from her.

Wait? K-Kayo-san? First name? Since when – her thoughts were interrupted by Osamu who was suddenly beside her, whispering something to her ear like, "Kita-san said Hijikata-san's last name is so long so he asked her if he can call her by her first name. She seems to like it, don't you think?"

She felt his hot breath in the skin where his mouth was near. Blood climbed up to her head and she could feel her face burning. Holy hell, Osamu! With all her remaining rationality, she pushed him a little and gave him the towel she is currently holding.

"O-Osamu! T-take this!"

"Thanks." And he walked away towards his sportsbag.

Meanwhile, Suna, who watched the entire thing, reset his eternal deadpan look. "Tch."

Megumi, on the other hand, was frantically looking for something, anything else, to distract her from what's unfolding right before her eyes. The boys were stripping. Well, not really stripping – stripping nude. They were just removing their t-shirts to change into dry ones. But damn, those pecs, Megumi thought. Osamu's abs, Atsumu's biceps, their clavicles, quads, and the way their sweat was running down their backs? The boys are so fit. Holy hell, WHAT IS THIS? MUKBANG?

She felt another surge of blood running through her head and her heart was beating like a drum she could almost hear it. She didn't know what magenta gradient her face currently is, and she must have been gawking at them for a while now when someone touched her shoulder. "Oi."

It was Suna, and he was half naked too! Another feast laid down by the grace of kami-sama for a mere mortal like me.

"Can you get that bag for me?" He pointed somewhere to her back. She did not respond. "Hey, you're staring." Still no response. "Nevermind, I'll get it. You look like you're drooling over me. Get a hold of yourself, Shorty."

He passed by her and her eyes followed his path. Suna's back was now in her view and she couldn't help but think that he's hot especially with that towel (with visible blood stains) hanging on his broad shoulders.

"Er-hem." Kayo's noise got her out from her trance. "The first time I saw it during practice, I had a similar reaction to yours." She said in a low voice. Shit.

Megumi gulped in realization. "I-I gotta go, the vice-principal will explain to your uh- a-adviser how to claim your rewards. Congratulationsonceagainforwinning!" She said it so fast.

"Hey!" Before she was completely out of earshot, Suna yelled, "Where do I pick you up later?"

"C-clubroom!" and indeed she sprinted towards the student council clubroom.

--

Megumi chugged down probably three glasses of water in the student council clubroom to calm herself down. Living only with her mother for the past 10 years now, she never really had a lot of male encounters before, much more a haven of hot males. During her primary and middle school, she was enrolled in Izanami Girl's Academy. It was only in high school when they had to move in Hyogo due to her mother's field job that she went to a CoEd institution like Inarizaki High. It was hard at first but she actually found it a lot easier than what she expected it to be. It's fun to also have male friends. But what she saw just now were the most number of human male bare flesh that she has ever seen. And she never expected it to be that marvellous.

Thank goodness the PE fest is over and they had no scheduled meeting today, the clubroom is all hers. After 15 minutes, she finally composed herself and mentally prepared some retort to Suna and Kayo's upcoming possible annoying remarks. When she got out from the clubroom, he was there, waiting for her as she expected. But Kayo was nowhere to be seen.

"Am I really so hot that you had to run away like that like a scared turtle?"

"Shut up, dork. Girls were present and you guys were displaying something so obscene, yuck. Improper."

"You're such a goody-two-shoes."

"Yeah, and I hate your guts, stupid." She replied monotonously while inclining her head as if looking for something. He seemed to notice her unspoken question so he just gave an explanation.

"She said she's going out for personal time, whatever that means."

Lies. Her friend just wants Suna and her to walk home together. "I see."

"Shall we go?" He then took her hand as they walked home together.

It seemed to be normal, except that they were holding hands. They had a small talk, an awkward silence and then a few more small talks and awkward silences.

Then out of the blue, Suna pulled something out from his bag. Two jelly sticks. He gave one to Megumi and she thankfully accepted it.

"You're too old for this, Rin-ta-ro."

"What's so bad about that? And why the broken syllables?" though he really liked hearing that.

"It's too long. How about I just call you Suna, again?"

"You call the two idiots by their first name."

"The twins? Of course, coz its confusing to call them Miya."

"Suna.... everyone calls me that."

"Then how about I shorten your name? Like, Rin, maybe?"

He paused for a moment. "I think, that's fine."

"Rin it is, then."

Ah, there it is. The sound of his name being uttered from her lips is something he really loves to hear for some reason.

"You're still Shorty, though." He turned to the side, hiding away what seems to be a blush.

"How rude! Then you're Hunchboy!" He just chuckled.

When Megumi heard him laugh, she turned and saw an expression of Suna apart from his usual deadpan and annoyed look. When he smiled at her earlier, she instantly knew it was her favourite look of him. His smile is like a cultural reset. His laughter also sounds nice. During the Bo-Taoshi, she dare say that he was having fun, as shown by his facial expressions.

"What? Something on my face?"

"Your jelly stick's all over your chin. What are you, a child?"

He finished his snack and threw away his trash at the nearest bin they passed by. He then used the sleeve of his jacket to wipe the residue on his chin. He hit is busted lip. "Oww."

"No stupid, use a tissue." Megumi rummaged through her bag. "Here, let me."

Suna froze from where he stood when Megumi looked up to him and touched his face - no, his chin, and wiped the juice from the Chuupeet. Then without warning, she touched his lips, still with the tissue on, of course.

"They didn't cover it up?"

"They said cold compress will do, no need for bandages whatever." She finally brought her hand down, making him relax. After a few more minutes, they finally reached her apartment.

"Thanks, Rin." She turned to open the gate when he didn't let go of her hand.

"Wait." He suddenly moved closer and leaned into her face. What the fuck?

Megumi's train of thought is running like crazy. The hell he's trying to do? She even closed her eyes, bracing for an impact. Instead, she felt a small peck on her forehead.

"I figured that if your stalker sees us like this, he would finally get that you're taken and under my protection. Best he stop now. Otherwise, he may just come out so I can beat him."

And that left her totally dazed for the rest of the evening after Suna left her apartment gate. Somehow, all her worries from earlier were forgotten.