(38) The Invasion - I

After seeing the true identities of Fatimah and Fener, Pamela had told herself that her heart couldn't withstand any more shocks, she had told herself that anything that happened again wasn't going to shake her because she had gone beyond the limit and had passed breaking point. She had told herself that her neurons had died and that they wouldn't be excited enough to reach threshold frequency to make her adrenaline pump and her heart broken.

How wrong she'd been.

Tears of disappointment and shock ran unabashedly down her face. She looked up at him and told herself that she was dreaming, that she was imagining things; that she was in a trance, or perhaps - and this was the most accurate - that she had died from starvation and had gone to hell because hell was the only place something as terrible as the situation before her could happen.

"How? W-why?" speaking was with great effort.

He shrugged noncommittally. "I owe you no explanation, my love."

His nonchalant reply got on Pamela's nerves. How could he be like this? Was this a joke? Were they in a movie scene? She scanned the room. Perhaps there were hidden cameras and she was on a movie site that she had no idea about. That was about the best explanation she had, and if it was, she had to give it to the man standing before her; he was a pretty good actor.

"I don't understand all of this. How can you be Bull? Of all things, of all people, you had to be Bull? Is this some kind of a prank?"

"No, Pamela, and you don't have to understand anything. I have no business with you, well, not exactly. Fener does."

"Yes sir." Said Fener. "If she died without a child, then the money can go back to its source. Me."

Bull smiled at her and it made her feel sick. "Happy now?"

"You lied to me," Pamela said, anger burning hot in her and her heartbreaking simultaneously. "You told me you loved me, that you would be there for me."

"And it turned out that I don't and I wouldn't." He sighed dramatically when he saw she was still crying. "Don't cry..." he bent to wipe her tears but she ducked his hands and he straightened. "This is not the time for tears honey. You'll have enough reasons to shed them."

"Told ya." Fatimah chipped in.

"How is this even possible?" She was still trying so hard to come to terms with it. Her heart was not broken, no, it was shattered beyond repair, shattered into a tiny million crystal pieces that could never be put together.

He grinned at her. "You'll understand soon enough, I promise." He looked at Fatimah and her father. "My sworn enemy has also offended you both, one way or the other, so tell me; how do you want your Devlin? Well cooked or fried?"

"What? Devlin?" Pamela was confused. Bull was not seriously contemplating killing her husband, was he? The person standing before her couldn't be capable of such!

"Shredded." Fatimah replied Bull, her charcoal black eyes gleaming with hate.

"I second that," Fener said, an equal amount of hate radiating off of him as it had his daughter.

"I'll tell the chef." Bull said with a wide grin, which faltered when his wristwatch beeped. He smirked. "Soundproof guns, smart. Fener, come with me. The idiots are out there thinking they're winning, I have this divine need to show them who's the boss."

"Devlin's here? I want to see him! Please don't kill him, please!" she grabbed his leg and wept bitterly. "Please... I beg of you... If you still have the tiniest piece of humanity left in you, please don't kill my husband I beg of you... You can take anything you want! Is it money? Is it the company? Is it your freedom? I'll give it to you. I will say nothing to the cops... Please, let him go."