23. Mom

Enjoy reading (:
________________________

Sunshine was here.

Finally.

"Hello everyone! How are you all?" She asked and the crowd replied in union, "Awesome."

And she smiled beautifully and just like that everything felt right.

"I'm so sorry everyone. The surgery made me late. But good thing is that the operation was successful and all's well that ends well, isn't it?" She explained her reason and smiled again.

Her smile was something; especially when it's without any inhibitions.

"Where were we in the last lecture? I know that my little geniuses have done their homework. So now it's time for few of you to come forward and share few words about it. Anyone wants to volunteer?" She asked and few children raised their hands and she smiled to them.

"Hmm... Diya why don't we start with you?" She asked and a girl came to the stage.

"Good afternoon everyone. My name is Diya Jain and I'm in sixth standard. As part of last assignment Ms. Sunshine asked us to say a few things about our mom's." Divya said and Kabir got stilled.

Mom.

Something that was taken away from him in a very young age.

"My mumma is a home maker. She wakes up the earliest and make sure that all of us are ready on time to go our school and offices. We get everything before we even have to ask and she loves us the most. But she forgets to take care of herself and as Ms. Sunshine said, I said I love you to my mumma and she was really happy. It was nice to see her happy."

"See everyone. Sometimes saying simple words means so much to someone. We love our family but it's good to express yourself once in a while. It makes their day. So express yourself and appreciate others." She spoke and asked another student to come up.

Express yourself? When was the last time he did that? Kabir thought.

"Hello everyone. My name is Karan. My mom is a manager in nearby factory. She is not there when I go back from school but she leaves the food in microwave so I don't have to bother and she always calls me after I reach home to make sure that I have eaten.

Sometimes I fight with her because she is not there but dad explained to me that she loves us and is working for our better future. I told her I love you mom and she was really happy and her headache also disappeared suddenly. She told me to say thank you to you." Karan said and everyone clapped.

"Good work Karan! We should never forget the efforts our parents are putting to give us a better future. We will have fights but never cross the line. They love us the most, that's the fact." She explained.

And Kabir remembered how hard his mother tried to fulfil his every demand. He fought with her many times but she handled him the best.

"And now a special girl; Amaya will you please come on the stage?" She called and suddenly the crowd went silent and Kabir wondered what was wrong with calling Amaya on stage.

"But Amaya's mother died when she was eight?" He heard a whisper near him and he stilled too.

What was she doing? Calling a girl to speak about her mother who was dead? She might not know but he knows exactly how painful it is to lose a parent.

For the first time since she came, Kabir didn't understand her approach.

"I know what you all are thinking. How could I ask Amaya about her mother? In fact I got a call from her father last week when he told me that she was crying because of my homework. I'm sorry Amaya that I made you go through that pain once again." She said.