26. Crush?

Enjoy reading (:

***

Fifteen days after Kabir's accident, Sanaa came to visit him and Zara thought that the hospital has contacted her. Zara discussed his case with him and Sanaa just listened to it patiently, giving her suggestions in the end but her mind was on Kabir.

Sanaa was standing outside Kabir's room in the private hospital and was still gathering the courage to enter inside. There was only one door separating her and him but she knew that it wasn't just one door.

It was a door to her past and gateway to the future. It has been more than four years since he left her without informing her. She had completed her super speciality one year back and was working as neurosurgeon in SMC and got selected as Leader as they wanted someone young. She thought that she has come back home to attend Sofia's wedding but destiny has something else in store for her.

She was now married to Rehan Siddiqui, the businessman Sofia was going to marry but eloped. Mr. Malik thought that he has blackmailed her using Kabir's name but she knew that she said yes because she wanted to marry Rehan. It was the next day after their marriage and she lied to her husband to check on Kabir.

She would have taken complete charge of him but didn't because she can't check on him daily as she was going to be busy helping her husband about his hospital which was trying to get an affiliation from SMC. Also, if she took complete charge of Kabir then she would have to explain it to Rehan, something she wasn't ready to do yet.

So she took a deep breath before opening the door and entering inside and even though she was aware of what she will see, the site still broke her heart.

Her once charming brother was now covered in tubes. The ocean blue eyes which used to shine with perfect combination of mystery and mischievousness were now looking dull and lifeless.

Memories start flooding back in my mind. Their past, how they met for the first time, how they became friends before anything else, how he made her feel wanted, how he cared for her, how he encouraged her to do things of which she was scared earlier, how he promised to be with her always, no matter what the situation was.

These were their good memories that still made her smile in her darkest time. Everything was perfect till Mr. Malik started playing his games and they lost the precious bond which both of them loved more than their lives. She still didn't know what Mr. Malik exactly said to him but she knew of the consequences.

He signed his inheritance to Mr. Malik.

And Bir left his sweetie pie.

And that made her emotional.

No, she must not think about those things. She must not think about that day, she must not think about past... She needed to be strong not only for herself but also for Bir.

"Hey Bir! Look here your sweetie pie is back! Yes, idiot I'm really here and I'm giving you an ultimatum that if you don't get well soon than without any second thoughts I'll dye your hairs red!"

Yes, he was really obsessed with his hairs and can't tolerate anything against them. That incident with Vaish scared him. This threat always worked in the past and she hoped that it still works!

"You know Bir, I've got many things to share, so you have to get well soon and open your eyes!

You know we had a huge four year gap which we had to cover. A lot of things to be said and done...So, be ready because when you're getting up I'm going to bore you to the hell... It's your punishment for getting injured like this and making me worried so much...