27. Waking up

Enjoy reading (:

***

Flashback:

Fifty Two Days after Kabir's Accident:

"Hey Dr. Kabir... How are you doing?" Zara asked like she did every day. She read in a journal that as per new research person in come could sometimes listen what was being said and it has a positive effect on them.

For him she would try everything. It was also for her sake then his. She was talking to him about what all she wanted to say from last nine years. She didn't have the courage to speak to him when he is conscious but right now it felt pretty safe.

She checked the monitor and was surprised to see a real big improvement. He was recovering, he was fighting and it was a good sign. She knew that she has to motivate him, so she started talking to him.

"You know Dr. Kabir your sweetie pie is back. She called me in the morning saying that she will visit you soon! Don't you want to surprise her by greeting her, yourself?

Imagine her surprise when she will hear your voice! Just imagine how happy she will be! Think about your other friends who have been there for you always!

Dr. Rahul your friend as well as bro! Your intense work out sessions with him in the gym, Dr. Pakhi, your four eyed nerd, whom you teased too much! How can I forget Ms. Vaishali? She was always the trouble maker in your group right?"

She paused for a moment to see the monitor was actually showing progress.

I have to speak more words about his loved ones. Come on Zara, think about it! What else makes him happy? She thought.

"You know about the kids in the hospital must be missing you! They must be eagerly waiting for their Bir Bro! And your guitar, it must be becoming a house for dirt as its owner is too busy sleeping that he can't play it!" His beats were becoming steadier. Now she needed to give him a big shock and that would be it!

She bit her lips thinking hard about everything in her knowledge which can make him shocked but she can't remember anything, as all these things which she said were her last observations of him, nearly four years ago. As after that day she only saw him unconscious.

She met Sanaa several times in past few days but she didn't ask her one question that was lingering back in her mind, what happened four years ago and how did Kabir ended up in this place?

Knowing that it would be probably intrusion in their privacy, she kept her silence but now she needed to know what happened? Otherwise how will she give Kabir the final boost that he needed as she clearly had no idea about his life in past four years.

I can't tell him anything about his life or his loved ones as I don't know anything other than what I already said! But I have to do something and soon as I don't have much time. But what should I say that will shake him from his unconscious state? She tried thinking hard.

She glanced at his now pale face and finally something came in her mind but she was afraid to voice it out. She looked at the monitor; to see its dropping count all of sudden and then swiftly decided what she was going to do next.

"Dr. Kabir, you have to wake up soon. You must wake up soon, if not for you and your friends then for the girl who is waiting for this moment from long time.

A girl whose heart always skipped a beat when you just smiled even if your smile was not in her direction! A girl who used to peek glances at you in the library or anywhere else... A girl who always admired you from far, never daring to come in front of you... a girl who was always afraid to make her feelings known to you."