↻31

Take it easy because it hurts

A huge laboured breath expelled from her lungs as she stared at the body on the ground- lifeless

Seowoo glanced behind her, eyesight blurred from her tears yet she could still see Chenle gripping the handgun- which was always in his waistband- pointing towards where the boy once stood.

His eyes flickered to hers, unreadable emotion in his eyes as he was always too hard to read.

She couldn't take it, everything she had pent up for the last nine months had been bubbling over the edge until the huge volcanic eruption spilled over her harshly.

Her heart physically ached, it was tearing her up inside as she let out a pained, strangled cry that she tired to push away yet it was apparent she had lost the grips and control over her emotions.

Heavy in her chest, her crushed heart tugged and grasped at it with its claws of grief and sorrow she wouldn't allow to surface up until this point.

The gun went clattering onto the ground as the gate of tears opened, crouching down on the floor with her palms over her eyes and almost gasping over her cries.

The immense guilt she felt from not being able to cry over her brother since his funeral ripped internal scars into her- guilt from being detached from his lack of presence.

Living her life as if it never happened.
Following his death, there was so much shock that invaded her all at once.

No, surely not? Not her brother right?

He couldn't die, him out of every single person in the world.

It was as if she had been dreaming- a harsh nightmare that suffocated her in a whirlwinded tornado, the avalanche growing with monstrous intents.

Seowoo pretended she was okay woth everyone else to the point where she believed it herself.

She wasn't okay.

She hadn't been since that night.

But no one could understand her, no one would be able to comfort her through her sleepless nights or impulses to act out- the indescribable shards that cut through her internally.

Would she become a burden, would people pity her?

Everyone was hurt enough from his unexpected death, she felt as though her internal struggles would only add to it so she desensitised herself.

Throughout doing so, the choking guilt rose. Why couldn't she cry over him?
Why couldn't she feel until something triggered it all and everything came crashing over her as if the death happened all over again?

There was a silence from all, no one dared to speak through the earpiece- all rooted in shock as her distraught small whimpers turned into heart wrenching cries she couldn't stop.

Shaking as she crouched on the floor, mind painfully forcing her to remember every single little detail.

The way she felt as soon as the first bullet pummeled into him, the air knocking out of her lungs as she helplessly watched his life be taken right before her eyes.

Helpless, useless.

It left her feeling overwhelmed, a prisoner in her own mind as her thoughts accelerated past the time that so desperately tried to keep up with her frantic mind.

Seowoo let her knees hit the ground, head down as she cried into her hands- hair curtained around her to conceal from the outside.

"No- no, no you- don't...oh my god- Jeongmin!" Her helpless voice screamed out as his body swayed, looking down at his blood soaked shirt- bulky arms holding the girl back as she stood rooted in place.

Unable to move with the indescribable sheer heart shredding pain that consumed her- eyes wide and lips parted.

There wasn't a second to recover as a round of seven guns began to relentlessly fire at him.

The night sky fell upon them, dark and torturous with it's cold gusts of air yet it didn't feel cold- the warmth flushed over her in the form of shock- spreading through her body.

As if the air was brutally knocked out of her lungs as her eyes rooted on her brother.

He turned his head up, eyes pained as he blinked slowly and held eye contact with her as the next shot was directly into his chest.

"J-jeongie..." She trailed off, voice a hitch above a whisper as it hung in the air.

Seowoo couldn't process anything in her head quick enough, begining to thrash around in the arms that held her- becoming panicked as the blood spread through his grey shirt and over his fingers.

Jeongmin smiled, he smiled at Seowoo which made her frantically shake her head- thrashing harder.

The sound of the car engine revving filled the air as the last gunshot rang out, smile still on his lips despite his pain as he began to welcome death with open arms.

Bright headlights filled the gloomy air, the high speed cutting through the air as she gasped, using all her strength to slip through their grip as she broke out into a sprint.

The air blowing through her hair as her heart blistered, thumping against her ribcage as she unknowingly held her breath- praying she could wrap her arms around his swaying body in time to somehow save him.

No, surely not? Not her brother right?

The sparking headlights made her quicken her pace despite the overwhelming urge for her legs to give in as tears formed in her eyes.

She was close, so close as the car made impact with his already swaying, critical body- just before her eyes as he was harshly thrown with the destructive impact right off the cliff.

"No!" Her heart shattering scream rang out into the air as his body was brutally disposed off.

Seowoo couldn't breathe, the air knocked out of her as her legs gave in- knees scraping against the gravel ground as the men around her began to get into their cars.

"No, Jeongmin- no- no please!" She blurted out, unable to hear anything around her as she practically stumbled up to her feet.

Bottom lip trembling as the tears cascaded down her cheeks- pain shooting up her chest as she looked over the cliff.

She collapsed onto the ground because the place they entered as two turned into leaving as one.

:(