Chapter 8

Donghyuck rubbed his head.

Who the hell ran into me?

He looked down to see Ayeon splayed out on the floor and instantly felt bad. Before he could apologize, the girl was getting up on her feet.

"I'm so sorry but I need to catch my bus." Ayeon said, running off before he could say a word.

Donghyuck checked the time.

11:59. She's going to miss it.

Donghyuck walked into the art studio to see Renjun cleaning up the paintbrushes, clearly enough for two. 

"I told Ayeon to leave first so she could catch the bus." He must have noticed him staring.

Donghyuck motioned to the window which showed a bus leaving, Ayeon running behind it.

"You should have offered her a ride instead." Donghyuck said, a tone of bitterness to his voice.

"Judging by the way you're staring at her through the window, you should have done it." Renjun said with a smirk. "What gives?"

"I'm not staring." Donghyuck said, turning his attention back to his friend. "I'm just annoyed that I have to wait for you."

Renjun rolled his eyes. "It's just a few extra minutes, have some patience."

Donghyuck settled down on a stool in front of a canvas. He looked at the painting that was almost completed, save for a few details.

It was clearly done with a picture in mind, each stroke painted with precision. Even in it's unfinished state, it was beautiful. Donghyuck admired it with soft eyes.

"That's Ayeon's." Renjun told him pointing to the other canvas. "That one is mine."

"That's explains why it's so good." Donghyuck said with a grin as Renjun shot him a glare. "Ready to go?"

Renjun nodded and the two of them headed to the empty parking lot where their motorcycles were parked. The two of them were quickly speeding down the roads of Neo City when the sight of a girl captured Donghyuck's attention.

Ayeon.

Donghyuck quickly slowed down, parking his bike off to the side of the road.

Renjun will realize in a moment.

Sure enough, Renjun's bike stopped in the middle of of the road, turning back around. He parked his bike beside Donghyuck's throwing his helmet off.

"What the hell, Haechan!" Renjun exclaimed but Donghyuck ignored him. He was focused on the black figures approaching her instead.

"It's already late, I just want to go-" Haechan cut the male off as he covered his mouth. He motioned to the figures who had grabbed Ayeon, dragging her into an alleyway. A blade sparkled in one of their hands.

"Idiots." Renjun muttered as Donghyuck removed his hand.

"Tell me about it." Donghyuck said as he placed his hands in his pockets. He made his way towards them, Renjun following quickly behind.

"Don't move. My men are just going to search your bag and then we'll decide what to do with you."

Donghyuck quickly assessed the situation. Ayeon had a rag around her mouth. There were four men; one holding her, one with the knife, and two searching her bag. It seems as though the knife was the only weapon they had.

Donghyuck turned and Renjun motioned to the two searching the bag. Donghyuck nodded, getting his signal.

Donghyuck felt a sickening feeling in his stomach as he saw the man holding Ayeon feel up her leg.