17. Good Vibrations

The small knife is cold on your fingertips, and you twist the sleek, metal object in your hands

The small knife is cold on your fingertips, and you twist the sleek, metal object in your hands. Exhaling, you fold the switchblade, pushing the clip onto the back waistband of your jeans. It rests between the skin on your back and your waistband, hiding from public view. After the vaguely threatening message and photos you received last week, you bought the switchblade just in case. You've been trying to act normal around Spencer; the dinner last week with JJ and Will had been fun, but you had other things on your mind the whole time.

Exiting the car, you walk up the stairs to Spencer's apartment, unlocking his door with your key. Spencer had wanted to go to dinner tonight—he sounded excited on the phone, like he had something up his sleeve.

"Spence," you call, shutting the door behind you, "I'm here!"

"Bedroom!" He responds.

You walk to his room and set your purse down, Spencer almost falling over as he pulls his pants on and walks toward you at the same time.

"Slow down, put your pants on!" You exclaim, laughing softly.

Spencer's face burns a soft pink, standing up straight to button his black dress pants. A soft white button up is tucked into the pants, accompanied by a black tie.

"You look nice," you admire, resting your hands on his shoulders.

"So do you." He rests his hands on your lower back. You stiffen, not wanting him to feel the knife tucked in there. He notices.

"Are you okay?"

You haven't told Spencer about the message or pictures you received last week. He's already stressed from work—you can tell by the darkening circles under his eyes and the way he practically never sleeps when he's away on cases. You don't want to worry him, or make him even more stressed. It's probably nothing to worry about anyway.

That's what you tell yourself, at least.

"I'm fine, love," you assure him, leaning up to kiss his cheek. Whether he believes you or not, you're not sure. "You sounded excited on the phone."

Spencer's mouth twists into a smirk, releasing you and walking to his closet. He sinks to the ground, rummaging through his stuff for a moment before standing back up. Turning around, you see a small box in his hands.

"What's that?" You sit on the edge of his bed, leaning back on your hands.

Spencer sits next to you, cheeks slightly flushed. "It's a present. I'd like to use it tonight."

"Spence, what is it?"

He opens the box to reveal a small object in the shape of a "u". On one end, it's a small oval shape, the other side an almost flat plane. It clicks in your brain and you look at Spencer, surprise in your eyes.

"No way."

"Please?" Spencer picks the vibrator up out of the box, fiddling with it in his fingers.