𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 |𝟏𝟐|

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥."
- 𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐢 𝐤𝐚𝐮𝐫
• • •

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

This morning I woke up thinking maybe last night was just a dream. Maybe Remo didn't sneak into my room. Maybe I just dreamt of what I desired the most. Him noticing me, wanting to talk to me. I sound desperate, I know, but I'm craving the taste of freedom, of normalcy.

I really start to believe it was a dream when the clock hit 7 and Remo still didn't show up. I sigh dejectedly. I got my hopes up too high.

"Hey, baby doll, can you come here for a sec," Aiden calls from the kitchen. I push myself off the couch and shuffle into the room. Aiden's been staying over more often than before. I asked him why but he never gave me a clear answer. I'm still curious though. He lives with his girlfriend so what is he doing here half the time?

"Just pack this in - hey, what's wrong, Ocean?" He asks blonde brows furrowed in apprehension as he sets down the brown paper bag with my lunch in it. Aiden's behavior lately is weird. 1) he's never made lunch for me to take to school and 2) he's basically here all the time instead of his own home.

Before I can answer him, the doorbell rings, and suddenly, my mood picks up too. Could it be Remo? I start towards the door to check only for Aiden to grip my elbow and hold me back.

"Let me check who it is. You pack your lunch," he orders. I glare at his retreating form. I hate it when he does that, treat me like a small child. I am more than capable of opening a door.

"What the hell are you doing here. I thought I told you to stay away."

"I thought I told you the same."

Remo. Remo is here. I bite my lip, trying to hold in my excitement, and grab my bag off the floor, completely forgetting about my lunch. Rushing into the foyer, I see Remo leaning against the doorframe in all his hotness and glory suited with a leather jacket and a pair of Ray-bans covering his eyes.

"Why the fuck would I stay away from my own home," Aiden sneers, growing angry.

Remo leans forward slowly, "You know damn well this isn't your home," he says in a low, dangerous voice. I spring forward before things could get out of hand, ducking under Aiden's arm. Turning around to face him, I press my back against Remo's chest hoping to move him away before Aiden starts a fight. He is already standing closer than he's supposed to be.