t w e n t y f i v e

"Since when did you get a girlfriend?"

"Congrats man."

"When do we meet her? What's her name?"

"Colton, why did you throw the spoon on the floor?"

"No, papa!"

"Man, I did not see that coming."

"Thank you Lord for answering my prayers and letting my baby not live his life alone."

"Fucking finally."

Xavier closed his eyes and let out an annoyed sigh as everyone's voices overlapped one another. It was as if they were competing to see who could talk the loudest. He rubbed his temples tiredly, looking around at the chaos that had begun to take place in the large dining room.

"I can hear the wedding bells ringing."

"Oh, their babies are going to look so beautiful!"

"Ma, you don't even know who she is or what she looks like."

"I bet she's hot."

"Really Elijah? How many times do I have to tell you to stop using that term to describe women!"

Everyone continued to talk over each other until their mother's loud authoritative voice immediately silenced the room, her commanding presence demanded everyone's attention. Similar to Xavier, their father sat quietly on the sidelines— and yes, in this household, Isabella was the one in charge.

"Quiet!" Shouted Isabella. Even though she was a small woman compared to everybody else in the room, she was someone you did not want to go against. She was able to make all the men in the family listen to her because, in this household, her words were declared final. Even Colton stared up at his grandmother, giving her his undivided attention.

As the head of her own high-end fashion brand, none of her employees dared to go against Isabella Knight. She was a force to be reckoned with, but only if you get on her bad side. Her husband, the great Alexander Knight, original founder and CEO of Knight Industries, made sure to keep his wife happy because if she was happy, then he was happy.

It was silent again until Elijah decided to speak up again, not paying his mother any attention.

"You never answered my question. Is she hot?" Asked Elijah, completely ignoring his sister's request. He looked around as everyone groaned and looked at him with disbelief. "What? It's an innocent question."

"Innocent my ass," muttered Maddie, reaching over to wack the back of his head with her hand. "Don't talk about my best friend like that."

"Ow! What was that for?" Complained Elijah. He looked up to see Xavier glaring at him, causing him to throw his hands up in defense. He was giving Elijah one of his infamous Xavier Knight glares that made the latter back off immediately.

"Your mean Aurora?" Asked Isabella, looking wide-eyed at her daughter. "Did you finally introduce them?"

"No ma, she didn't introduce us," he sighed, running his hand through his hair before giving Maddie a pointed look. "How come everyone here knows about that?"

Maddie shrugged and then cheered with excitement, clapping her hands together. And like usual, she chose to ignore her brother. "They're finally dating!"

"It's not like you had anything to do with it," grunted Xavier, rolling his eyes when Maddie looked at him with an unamused look.

"What do you mean I had nothing to do with it? I had everything to do with it!" Argued Maddie, giving her brother an accusatory glare. "I was the one who pushed you to go talk to her that day."