˗ˋ 35

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH A CHRISTMAS WISH COMES TRUE

. . .

"Are you hiding behind the chocolate fountain?" James asked, spotting the very girl he was looking for, peering around the tower of melted chocolate.

"A very fascinating muggle creation." A voice said, and Tiger winced, before placing a smile on her face and moving out from beside the tower and standing next to James.

"I suppose so, yes." Tiger seemed to have her politest tone on - one which James had only heard her speak to her mother in. "What did I say about following me around, Richard?" She said, and the boy nodded, before scuttling off.

"You have an admirer." James commented, watching as the fifth year boy disappeared in the crowd. He didn't mention how most boys, and some girls, had been watching Tiger's almost every move in public since she had arrived at Hogwarts, and it was no different at the Christmas party.

"Yeah." Tiger sighed, turning to face James. "He kept following me around when Sluggy took you off for a discussing about your father. Wanted to tell me all about muggle creations. It was sort of.. endearing at first, then it was anything and everything he could think of."

"And hiding behind the chocolate fountain?" James asked, watching a Richard's head popped up every so often, eventually catching his eye and disappearing once more.

"It's the only thing where I could drink properly behind. The curtains are too see-through and I can't just bring a flash out in public." Tiger sighed. "The butterbeer hasn't got enough alchohol in it. Firewhiskey, it's better."

"Tigs, fourteen year olds have to drink that - of course it isn't going to filled with alchohol. And where have you been hiding a flash?" James asked, and Tiger smirked, showing James where the side of her dressed zipped up, attached to the under-dress, which had a pocket in it.

"It's a perfect place to hide it. And I know, Remus tells me I drink too often. It's not that bad. There was just that night on the Astronomy tower and a couple drinks here and there and how did anyone expect me to survive tonight without a little something to take the edge of social interaction with Sluggy off." Tiger smiled a little. "I won't drink anymore, I promise."

She held out her pinkie finger, and James, with a sigh, pushed her hand down. "Just don't get drunk, ok? Slughorn is coming over." He said, and Tiger made a face, before applying the same expression to her face that she had with Richard.

"Professor Slughorn." Tiger exclaimed, a smile on her face which could be awarded millions. "I don't suppose you've tried any of the canapés they have tonight? The house elves have gone above and beyond with the food."

"They are rather tasty." Slughorn agreed, not taking any notice of James, who took the hint that Tiger was trying to get him out of a second length conversation about his father and sloped off, finding himself with Lily.

"Doesn't she look pretty." Lily smiled, as she watched Tiger fake marvel at the very chocolate fountain she had been hid behind. "She made the dress with you in mind, you know."

"Really?" James asked, looking between Tiger and the dress that was so carefully and beautifully stitched by the girl wearing it.