Nineteen: Rummaging

Nineteen
UNEDITED

Isa woke up before the sun had even risen, and lay next to Adrian for a few minutes before going to sit up. Adrian moaned in his sleep, pulling her back against his body, pressing his lips to her neck, then nuzzling into her before dozing back off. It was the most adorable thing when he did that to Isa, and it made her heart race as if she had just ran a marathon.

After trying once more to get up with no avail, Isa sighed, resting her hand on Adrian's cheek, "Adrian?"

"Hmm?" He moaned back, still deep in his sleep.

"I need you to let go of me, I need to use the restroom," Isa whispered, smiling fondly at the most irritating man she had ever met. As angry as he made her, and as much as he hurt her feelings, Isa loved when she got to see him as vulnerable as she did when he was asleep. It was being with a whole new man, not that she was with him as he had so easily pointe out earlier in the night.

Slowly, Adrian's arms fell from around Isa, and she sighed, sliding out of the bed and pulling the covers back over him before exiting his room. '

It was around one thirty, and the large house seemed completely eerie, but as she descended the steps, Isa couldn't help but wonder why a single man had such a large home. After entering the kitchen, Isa walked through the left entrance-the one she hadn't been through before- and came across what seemed to be a living room filled with black furniture. There were a few pictures of Adrian and Nicole, and some with two unknown people that Isa took to be their parents. Adrian looked like the male version of his mother, while Nicole looked like the father, except she seemed to have inherited the mother's dark hair.

Isa had never seen such a beautiful family before.

As she walked around the room, Isa let her fingers graze the leather couches and single-seater before making her way down the hall that branched off the living room from the front entrance. Isa flicked on the light at the beginning of the hall, and walked down it, looking at the few more pictures hanging on the wall. He was the same in all of them, unsmiling, but looked content.

It wasn't until Isa was past the middle of the hallway that she froze when she found a picture of Adrian, his arm thrown over a handsome, unfamiliar man's shoulder, the both of them grinning at the camera as if they hadn't a care in the world. Adrian's hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, and the blonde man had straight hair that was just a little bit shorter than Adrian's, but his was unruly over his head as if he just decided a comb ad brush weren't needed that day. They were outside, a large group of people behind them like they were at some function or party of sorts.

Adrian's smile was bigger than it was when she had met Nicole, he looked at home, and Isa was dazzled by his perfect smile. She wished she could witness him smile like that in person. With a shake of her head, Isa sighed, moving past the pictures to a door that unlike the two others was closed, peaking her interest. When she tried the knob, it didn't budge.

Disappointed, Isa turned back around, retracing her steps until she found herself back in the kitchen where she opened up the back door, the cool air from the oncoming fall sending chills down her spine as she stepped out onto the back porch then, down the steps stopping on the last one to look out across the large backyard where she had watched him disappear into the woods earlier.

With a sigh, Isa sat down on the step, leaning her head against the railing, staring out across the dark, huge yard blankly, her arms wrapped around herself to keep warm.

"Mighty far from the bathroom, aren't we?" Adrian's voice rang, making Isa jump, then whirl around to see the sexy, bare chested Adrian descending the steps in only his boxers. She only shrugged silently, looking away from him as he came to sit down next to her only inches away, the two's knees brushing against each other's.