Facetime (1)

Requested by @Nialovesniall

$

I watched the screen as my boyfriend and his brother played that little game. Melo always wanted to be on facetime together, but whenever we were he'd start playing the game, never really paying attention to me. But if I were to put him on pause or start doing something else he'd instantly throw a fit, acting like a big ass baby. But it was okay because he was my big ass baby, so I let it slide.

Setting up my phone leaning it against one of my other pillows I closed my eyes. I wasn't going to sleep or anything I was just bored, and wondered if he'd notice. You know the things us girls do for some attention.

"Nia?" Melo questioned without looking over at the phone, but didn't get a response. "Baby you sleep?" He looked quickly over at the phone to see my eyes closed. A few minutes later I shifted positions getting comfortable pulling the blanket slightly over my face.

"Niaaa?" He called out for me again.

"She sleep dude." Zo laughed shaking his head. "Love you Nia." Melo mumbled before returning his attention back to the game.

My heart fluttered and couldn't help but smile underneath the blanket, but that quickly halted.

"Love? That's a strong word." His brother Gelo interjected. He was laying on the bed watching the boys play, waiting for his turn to take over the losers controller. Melo shrugged confused. "I mean..."

"You sure you love her bro?"

I resisted the urge to make a face. Why did he say "her" like that? I have a name and why was he so against Melo loving me?

"Why y'all on my dick?" Melo scoffed.

Get they ass pooh!

"She not even all that.. I'm just saying, you could do better. Get somebody on your level, not some random thot you picked up from the mall. What's gonna happen when you get to the league? She gonna start tripping on you, probably try and trap you. That's how her type is."

"Yeah bro I agree." LiAngelo spoke up, shocking the hell out of me. I never realized either of them had this built up animosity towards me. Especially Gelo, he was usually so cool and nice to me.

"And Pops already told you bout the girls from Crenshaw. Their aspirations don't go farther than finding a rich nigga and being somebody baby mama." Gelo continued.

"Get back with Ashley. She way badder and she's already used to the lifestyle it's not gone phase her." Lonzo added.

My cheeks grew warm as I got angrier and angrier listening to their bullshit. They were just gonna talk shit about me in front of me and my boyfriend? Then suggest he get with his fucking ex? Hell naw. I wasn't even like how they described me. They didn't even know me nor did they ever try and take the time to. So for them to be talking all this shit was completely absurd and I know for a FACT Melo feels the same way I do.

I laughed in my head, waiting for my future husband to put them in their fucking place cause I just knew he would and that it was going to be funny... but he didn't.

...Melo stayed silent not saying a damn thing...

After a couple of minutes of silence and then them changing the subject to something else I grabbed my phone ending the FaceTime call.

Placing it on airplane mode, I held the phone to my chest looking at the ceiling. The whole conversation played in my mind on a continuous loop and the tears streamed off my face and onto my satin pillowcase.

How could LaMelo not defend me? Did he agree with his brothers and his dad? Did he believe I was some Hoodrat from Crenshaw looking for a come up?

All the overthinking I was doing about the situation was driving me insane. My heart ached terribly and I felt sick to my stomach. Taking my phone off of airplane mode, I sent Melo a long ass paragraph letting him know I heard everything they said and how he failed to defend me. In the end I broke up with him and blocked him not even caring to see his response. There was no way he could talk his way out of this.

;
part 2 on da way. my birthday is coming up :)
also I have a lot of imagines to write cuz you all requested a lot 💙 so be on the lookout friends.