01. welcome to outerbanks

──── CHAPTER ONE, welcome to the                                                outer banks

outer banks

THE OUTER BANKS PARADISE ON EARTH, It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island. All right. This is Figure Eight, the rich side of the island, home of the Kooks. So, guess where we don't leave.

In that exactly side of the island was Katherine Thornton who just arrived from college, she was in her bedroom getting ready to walk her dog, yes, she likes a lot to get ready, put some makeup, wear a dress or whatever she likes in her closet, mostly depends on her mood. She put on her favorite dress and sandals and texted her boyfriend, they accorded to meet at her house after the hurricane, it would be dangerous if he's out of home the same day Agatha is planned.

"Milo! Come here baby" Milo was her dog, she found him on the street running away from other people she guessed, he was scared and decided to bring him home. She went to the patio where her dog was. "here you are, come on we gotta take a walk."

When she found the leash to walk him they both got out of the house and start walking on the sidewalk. Kate enjoyed to walk and spend some time with her dog specially in stressful moments like college problems, life problems because even having money she thinks she needs to have her own life, maybe even leave the country and get a job in international business just like she dreamed but who knows, life can change in a blink of an eye that's the terrifying part about it. She would miss the life she has in outer banks, the life her parents gave to her but it's something she has to experience alone and find out herself. Rafe would be kinda mad about her plans but they can solve their problems and she will find the right time to tell him, although it's just a crazy idea she has and would definitely take it if there's the opportunity.

Just as she was re-thinking her life options at that exact moment a van pass next to her and Milo interrupting her thoughts and getting her attention.

"Hello there, Barbie Kook, looking as hot as always. Keep doing it. Woah!" The pogue boy was enjoying the air hitting his face and just as fast as that was, she didn't have time to talk back to JJ. She was too busy thinking about her future to find the correct words to respond, she just looked at him with narrowed eyes, he tends to say that kind of words to her specially the Barbie cook thing or princess, at the beginning it got in her nerves but she got used to it and now she doesn't really care, if something she's learned is that people would constantly do or say something you don't like just to bother you. And what does Rafe thinks about the nicknames? oh don't even go to that department, something tells her that JJ do it just to get at Rafe and fight but also she knows exactly how JJ feels about her, he'll get over it... someday or at least that's what she thought.

While Kate was lost in her thoughts, inside the van after hearing JJ's words his pogue friends only laughed at his actions except for Kiara who was shaking her head at him. "you have to stop your obsession with that kook. I mean it" she advised while her head was leaning against the van, wanting the best for her friend. "besides you look stupid every time you see her, you should be careful, you drool over her."