|14|

A ʟᴏɴɢ Jᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ

𝓐 /𝓝: 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓫𝓲𝓰 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂. 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓢𝓣 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴. 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓭𝓼 𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓶𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂. 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝔂'𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓽. 𝓘 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓰.

Shraddha's POV:

(The Dhawan household)

I gently knocked on Varun's door, patiently waiting for his response. I have so many things going on in my mind right now. I have never felt this awkward, meeting with Varun before. Today, it just feels like I am meeting someone for the first time at a college date, I am 24 for fuck's sake.

Just then the door opened, revealing Varun wearing a tight grey t-shirt and sweatpants. He is built, I gotta give him that. When he was 16 he always used to tell me, how he wanted to have big man muscles. "Well I think your dream has come true!" I thought.

"What dream?" he looked at me with confusion, yet there was a slight devilish smirk lingering somewhere. Wait, WTF did I say that out loud? OMG I am so stupid. I looked up at him, I could feel my cheeks burni-. Wait, why the hell are my cheeks burning, this is just VD, my Batuklal. This needs to stop. Stupid cheeks!

"Would you stop staring at me!" He said with a raspy voice, while walking up to me, closing in on the gap between us. What in the world is happening? Where is my oxygen at? Why have I stopped breathing? He looked so dangerous right now, there was this evil glint in his eyes with some other sinister look as well.

He was stepping forwards and if you think, I was stepping backwards like the main character in all those romance books. You are wrong! Because apparently I am not smart enough, like those characters who move back immediately, I am a dumbass who is frozen on her spot, while she unintentionally thirsts over her Best friend. I did not say that. Oh my God I should just shut up.

Third person POV:

The next few moments could cause a huge butterfly effect in both their lives. As the space between the two decreased, the atmosphere got more intense. Shraddha stood there, frozen on her spot, while Varun moved stealthily towards his prey.

They were now not even 15 centimeters apart.

Shraddha could feel Varun, look her up and down. She decided to speak up.

"I am pretty sure you are the one checking me out right now." Shraddha said with a clear smirk on her face. An arm was snaked right around her waist, making her breath hitch right in her throat. He pulled her towards him, her body was pressed against his. Shraddha's mind was racing, with million thoughts per second. The man in front of her was her chuddy buddy of 19 years, she couldn't be seen standing here with him like this. Yet, here she was standing, with her breath hitched, her heart racing and butterflies playing gymnastic in her stomach.

Never once in her life did she ever think, she would experience this feeling with her best friend. She shouldn't be feeling like this, it screamed wrong in so many ways. Yet here she was not feeling like herself.