Scarper House 1: Escape Room

The other night was just a typical night.

I was eating dinner with my brother and his friends. We were having fun.

Kuya Charles, my overprotective brother, was treating me like a kid, as always.

Kuya Chem, the sweet troll, filled the house with his laughter.

Kuya Blade, being the life of the party that he always is, kept on singing 'All I Want for Christmas is You' even though it's just April and we all told him to shut up.

"Hoy, i-try na kasi natin yung Scarper House!" Kuya Seth—the spoiled youngest member of their team—opened the topic.

"I know you're fascinated by escape rooms and mystery games, Seth," Kuya Sullivan—their team captain and the perfect son—said. "But graduating tayo, baka nakakalimutan ninyo."

"Hindi kami naniniwala sa mga ganoong bagay, Sol," Kuya Kyle—the chic magnet and Kuya Seth's partner in crime—argued. "Saka two weeks pa naman bago ang graduation, puntahan na natin 'to sa isang araw."

"Ano bang meron dyan at kating kati kayong puntahan?" Kuya Xion—the oldest with a happy go lucky attitude—asked.

"This might be the most thrilling escape room ever!" Kuya Seth tapped on his phone and showed us the screen. "Look! Those eliminated looked like they really died."

"They made a really great job in making their deaths look realistic," Kuya Dean—the smartest and probably the least asshole of them all—said while nodding. His eyes were glued to the screen.

"Yan din ba 'yong sinasabi ninyong pinakamahirap tapusin na escape room?" Kuya Blade suddenly stopped singing and joined the conversation.

Kuya Kyle nodded. "Sabi sa reviews, wala pa daw talagang nakatapos eh."

"And where did you find out about this house?" Kuya Charles asked while pouring water for me.

"Someone sent me a link." Kuya Seth shrugged his shoulder. "They probably know that we're into this kind of thing."

"Duda ako sa part na 'yan." Kuya Chem slowly shook his head with his eyes squinted. "But you sons of bitches, I'm in."

"Ano, Sol?" Everybody looked at Kuya Sullivan as Kuya Blade continued to speak. "Let's try?"

"Ang alin?"

The dining room suddenly went silent when Kuya Lio—the...let's just say softest because I don't want to call him stupid—spoke. As always, his mind was in another universe.

Kuya Xion tapped his shoulder. "We're going to another escape room, dude!"

"What escape room?"

We all shook our head as Kuya Seth and Kuya Kyle repeated all the explanations for Kuya Lio.

"Bakit daw pala tinawag na Scarper House?" Kuya Chem suddenly asked. "Who's Scarper?"

"Scarper is a word," I said.

As if they don't believe what I just said, they all looked at Kuya Dean, waiting for him to confirm that 'scarper' is indeed a word. These jerks!

"It means run away," Kuya Dean simply explained and I just raised an eyebrow at them. Ha!

"Ahh! Count me in!" Kuya Lio said, smiling from ear to ear. He finally understood what we're talking about.

They all looked at Kuya Sullivan again.

"Fine," he said, sighing. Then he looked at me. "Sama ka, Chase?"

Suddenly, everybody's eyes were on me. Even my brother looked like he wanted me to come with them.

"Count me out," I—just the girl who always finds herself involved with the lives of these nine guys—said. That was my answer to Kuya Sullivan's question. I can clearly remember that that's what I said. I even cleared it out to my brother when he asked me about it, again, yesterday.

Now, please tell me why I woke up inside a car full of idiots, on the way to Scarper House.

;

Note:

My sister was watching Busted on our TV the other day and, because Sehun was there, I viewed some of the scenes. So yeah, this story is the product of a sudden rush of ideas.

I didn't have time to think carefully about the plot of this story, hindi ko rin siya pinagpuyatan haha, so please 'wag niyo kong i-judge. I even based the characters' names to EXO members para hindi ako malito since dire-diretso ko nga 'tong sinulat. I finished all twelve parts in less than two days while dealing with other things pa. I would also like to inform you din that, unlike my other stories, this one is narrated in a first person point of view.

I am posting all the chapters in one go so I won't be thinking about this plot again. The Book 2 of 2025 is nearing its end and my new story, The Unknowns, had just started. Hindi ko na kakayanin kung magdadagdag pa ako ng ongoing so, here it is!

Scarper House says 'Enjoy!'

-scitusnim 💚