Chapter 7

"Y/N, if you aren't done in the next two minutes we are leaving without you! I need to drink and get my sexy dance moves going!" Penelope flops down in the chair across from your desk, picking a piece of lint off her hot pink dress. "Are you writing a novel? You've been at it for an hour now."

You roll your eyes. "I'm just trying to finish my report for Hotch. If I miss any details he'll make me redo the whole thing."

"Well, wrap it up, mama. I had planned to be four margaritas in by now and grinding on the floor with at least three gorgeous bachelors."

"Seriously, Y/N, it's almost ten. Are you done yet?" JJ pipes up, checking her watch. "I wanna be home by midnight."

"Midnight?" Emily scoffs. "Learn to live a little."

You hurriedly type the last few paragraphs before saving your report and emailing it to your boss, not bothering to look it over before pressing send. "Done! Let's go!"

"Finally!" Penelope cheers. "Let's party!"

Bzzz. Bzzz. Bzzz.

Bzzz. Bzzz. Bzzz.

"Jesus, whose phone is that? I'll kill all of you." Emily mumbles from the opposite side of your bed. "Garcia, shut your phone up."

Penelope pops up from the floor, mascara streaked down her face and hair sticking up in all directions. "It's not mine. I don't even know where mine is."

"Not me." JJ groans from the end of the bed. "I think mine died right after I told Will I was crashing here."

They all look at each other and then down at your sleeping frame. "Y/N!" The three of them yell in unison.

You jerk awake and shoot up. "What? What's going on?" Oh God, I'm so nauseous. What the hell happened last night?

"Answer your phone you jerk, it's killing my head!" Emily chunks her pillow at you. "It's gone off like five times now."

You reach out blindly and feel around on your nightstand, knocking over a lamp as you do so. "I'll get that later." You mumble, finally finding your cell.

"Yes?"

"Y/N, I have been calling you all morning." Aaron snaps on the other end. "I was about five seconds away from sending someone to your home."

"Wha? What are you talking about?" You glance at your bedside clock. "It's 7:30 am on a Saturday, Hotch. What do you need?"

"What I need is for you to get to work and fix this report that the director wanted yesterday. I can't send it to him like this."

"Wait, the report I wrote last night? What's wrong with it?" Blurry-eyed, you stand up and make your way to the dresser, almost tripping over Penelope in the process. She slaps your foot and crawls over to the bed, pulling herself up into your vacant spot.

"I'll let you be the judge of that when you arrive, Y/N. I expect you in my office in the next twenty minutes." He hangs up.

Oh shit. What the hell could I have messed up in my report?

"Dude, getting called in on a Saturday. You must've fucked up big time." JJ leans up, looking worried. "Do you want me to call him? Explain that we were distracting you while you were typing it?"

You shake your head. "No, I don't want you guys to be in the same boat as me. Go back to sleep; I'll give y'all the 411 when I get back home." You yank on the black pants you were wearing the night before and step into your flats.