Prologue

Hello everyone. Just a heads up, I made this book a few years ago so there may be some cringe parts or situations you don't agree with. I don't feel like changing anything with this book so if it really bothers you, then don't read it. Overall, I appreciate you and hope that you enjoy reading❤️

Don't forget to vote!

I wasn't stupid.

I could easily tell that Xavier was beginning to become more distant whenever he came around me.

He would always use work as an excuse to avoid me. I would sometimes catch him looking at me weirdly before leaving the room.

He would either sleep on the couch or in one of our guest bedrooms, instead of sleeping with his own wife.

At first I chose to ignore his weird behavior, thinking it was going to soon be over with and he would tell me what was bothering him. But no, he continued to shut me out while acting normal around his little disciples.

There was no more adoration in his eyes when he looked upon me anymore, all I'd see was anger and sadness in them. I've tried getting him to talk to me, to touch me but he just acts as if I'm not even next to him.

Recently I've been feeling light headed, sleeping more than usual, throwing up from time to time, and I missed my period. The thought of me actually being pregnant terrifies me. My mother had 3 children, including me.

There was Bryant, the oldest. Yumi, the second oldest. Then came little old me, the youngest. My parents were as happy as they could ever be, happily married, had two amazingly beautiful children and decided they wanted one more but that's where everything started to change.

After my mother gave birth to me, she started to lose a lot of blood, so I was told.

My mother isn't here because of me.

She didn't get to live the rest of her life because of me. Didn't get to watch as her children graduate from high school before going off to college because of me.

Several friends and relatives have told me that it wasn't my fault, that it was out of my control. Yumi and sometimes Bryant would tell me that it wasn't my fault.

My own father, who I avoid because I am the source of his pain, even tried to assure me that it wasn't my fault and that he would never see his daughter as the murderer of his wife, the love of his life.

Even with everything my family tried to do to reassure me, I could see the look of hatred in their eyes.

So I left home.

I couldn't take anymore looks of worry or sympathy from them or from that nosy little town. I ended up bumping into an old childhood friend of mine, Winston, who after reuniting had begged me to move in with him and told me about different job opportunities that I could apply for if I was in a hurry.

After talking and looking at the most appropriate job that fitted me best with Winston, I decided to work at a small cafe that wasn't too far from his nice apartment.

A few days later I was told by one of the other workers that someone specifically requested for me to take their order. I went to the table thinking that it was Winston trying to play a little prank, only to see a much better built man instead.

And that's how I met Xavier.

So now here I am waiting downstairs for Xavier to come home from work like some sick lost dog. The head maid, Martha who is like a mother to me told me an hour ago that he would be back yet the bastard still hasn't graced me with his presence.