Chapter Twenty-Seven

Lunar's POV

Bubbles from my breath tickled my nose as my body soaked and caked withing gooey slime that surrounded my flesh and bone, my head weak and dizzy as it bobbed. My hands clasped around my throat as I choked from the lack of oxygen, my eyes opening frantically as I searched for an escape.

Through the blurriness of the egg sack, I could see movements of lights through the square yards from me. I tried to scream but my lungs filled and I gagged. My hands reached for my pocket and pulled off my bag, pulling out things frantically before pulling out a pocket knife. I wasn't one for weapons, they scared me, but I was grateful to have this.

Thank you Jax and Parker for buying me a pocket knife, I'll never hate these fucking things again!

Flipping it open, I stabbed the sack repeatedly until I could tear through it. I coughed and hacked into the dirty tile floor as the saliva and mucus gushed out and pooled all over the ground, vomit retching up my throat, "Th-The only time I will e-ever be thankful to see a-a disgusting floor."

"Meal, meal, meal!" The spider lady screeched as I rolled onto my back and stared up at her, trying to catch my breath. My lungs were heavy, my body feverish as I panted and ache. My temper was boiling, every fiber of my being growing ever so pissed. I was all about peace and harmony, but tonight crossed a line and I wasn't about to let shit slide.

"He's in here!!" Jax hollered from outside, starting to open the door as he stepped into the building and aimed for her.

"Listen here, You Little Pompous Bitch. I. Am. Not. A. Meal!" I glared up at Ms. Bitch, my knuckles turning white from holding the blade so harshly, rage swimming through my veins as the knife made contact with her throat. Her body collapsed onto me with a shrill and a gurgle, Mr. Lincoln rushing over and pushing her off. I was so mad, I got up on my own, balancing on my good leg and throwing my blade into the skull of Mr. Dickface-Spider-Dude when he came screeching his annoying line, growling, "NOW, YOU'RE THE TOY, FUCKER!"

Adrenaline vacated as quickly as it came, my body growing shaky and exhausted as I fell back and hacked into the floor. I didn't fight when Mr. Lincoln caught and held me in his lap, his voice trembling, "I'm sorry we took so long. This place is larger than expected."

"Never ever going to underestimate this place, again," I shivered into his coat as he lifted and carried me, bringing me outside where Jax and Mr. Hayes stood. They were all packed and ready like it was The Walking Dead or some shit, I can't deny it was amusing to see. They weren't human and were wearing gear and holding guns, really showed this place was fucked.

Mr. Hayes looked around, checking around places while Jax took another path and did the same. I saw a few other people doing the same, none of them I recognized as Mr. Lincoln explained hushedly, "We found a few more of those things, every other building has one. We've taken care of the ones we found but we aren't going back the same way just in case the body trail is spotted by them."

"This side is clear," Jax whispered to us, resting his gun against his back as he questioned, "Tyler, where's the rest of the group? I know where Parker and Anthien are."

"You called Anthien?" I perked up. I wasn't expecting any of them to trust him, especially with such a rescue mission.

"I also called his buddy Castian," Jax chuckled with a roll of his eyes. He probably thought my question was stupid. I could understand why, to be honest. Anthien was known for his obsession with me, if anybody was willing to kill themselves to get to me it was him. Reformed or not, you could count on him to go through hoops and hills to get me. I wasn't sure who Castian was but he had a nice name, I heard that name meant "God" and a few other things. I wonder if he knew that.