XLIII.

Chapter 43: Half Truth

A/N: Happy Reading Cookies! Only eight chapters away!💚Please Stay safe and drink plenty of water🥰

🍪Ellie's P.O.V 

A silence settled on us after that and when Alec turned the TV off, I knew what was coming and I felt my nerves spike up.

"Is it okay if we talk about what happened cookie?" Alec asked, his gaze worried.

I nodded profusely."Of course, yes, absolutely." I answered, fidgeting slightly.

I offered him a reassuring smile but I could tell from the way he frown that it didn't work. Fuck, how could he even understand my smile when half my face is human and the other being a puffer fish.

Damn you Alex and woman!

"Yes Alec, its okay." I repeated, clearing my throat.

You can do this Ellie. You have to tell him the truth. It's the right thing to do. . right?

"What exactly happened cookie? I only know that you were kidnapped from the grocery store." Alec explained, making me nod.

I quickly pulled my feet in a Indian seat and nestled against the soft headboard."I was in the parking lot whe—oh snickers, Ark's car!" My eyes widened, remembering I left it unlock.

Oh no no no no no no no. This is bad, Ark's not gonna kill me but her step mom would and then my mom would take revenge for me and then Uncle Marco and Dad woul—

"Baby," Alec piped in, cutting my thoughts off."Ark's car is safe, no one tried to steal it." He assured, taking a hold of my hand.

I breathed out a sigh of relief."Oh thank pickles! That would've ended up as a disaster." I said, wiping a nonexistent sweat.

Alec's eyes gleamed with amusement."You can continue now cookie." He said, dropping a swift kiss on my knuckles.

"Ah right, yes, well I was putting my groceries in the trunk when I was suddenly got hit from behind." I said, remembering that part clearly.

"That was such a child's play if you ask me, they were probably scared to fight me considering their failed attempts at trying to kidnap me–right! I'm getting carried away haha I'm sorry!" I nervously laughed, somehow feeling pressured.

What am I supposed to tell him next? That Drew and I became buddies during the car ride because he was high? How it was Annie
who plotted to kidnap me? and then later finding out that Valentino's lending her a hand and betraying the pack off skittles?

Yeah, no. Absolutely not. There's no way I could tell him the truth, I can't. Call me a chicken but I just can't.

I need more time to think the right words.

"I was blind folded and tied during the whole car ride. It was David, Drew, and Rody who had a scar on his face that was with me." I half-lied, leaving out some huge important parts that he really should've known.

At the mention of their names, Alec's expression turned into complete fury. I could feel the change of air around him and mentally sigh.