Wattpad Original
There are 84 more free parts

leave

verb ~ to go away from

NOVA

Phoenix continued to the alpha's office, his movements rather therapeutic. I was so tired I didn't want to deal with anything anymore. My eyes were heavy with tears and my mouth felt dry. I was exhausted. My body ached, my heart ached, and my brain was fried. My wolf, my mate, my room... all too much.

Not even speaking, he pushed aside the guards. I felt like a child. Probably looked like one too, with my pout and folded arms.

"Alpha Steven, Damien." Phoenix announced, the door shutting loudly behind us.

"Nova! Oh gosh, glad you are okay! What on Earth were you-

Phoenix's growl cut Damien off.

He still held me in his arms and I felt stupid laying there. Sensing my discomfort, he placed me gently on a comfy chair and wrapped a blanket around me that was hanging from the arm. The warmth and comforting tingles I felt vanished as soon as he released me and the tiredness hit me full force. If only I could just nap, right now...

I felt my eyes close, and I welcomed the bliss. Wrapped up in the blanket was an ideal place to succumb to sleep...

"I am taking her with me." He stated.

He what!

Damien spluttered. "Wha-

"She is not safe in this pack." He snapped.

"What do you mean, 'not safe'? Why, I have raised Nova-

"Shut it, old man." He snapped.

The world blurred around me, but Phoenix's words had me startled awake into a grumble. His dark gaze turned to me and he frowned. That was my alpha he was disrespecting, a man who looked out for me. Who rescued me.

"You owe this pack nothing, Nova." Phoenix spoke to me before turning back to the two alphas, mainly Steven. "Did you know she was covered in scarring and bruises when she shifted back? Have you seen her face today? Her lack of weight?"

I glanced to see Steven sitting down, his mouth in a firm line and clarity of expression. He almost looked guilty.

"The only reason I even came to your pack is that my beta came home with concerns for your pack. With secrets..." He growled. "And this morning, when I first met her, I couldn't understand why I didn't smell it. Why she didn't smell pure... Why she was unclaimed, yet smelt like a male..."

"Now that I see her injuries, I realise she had an infusion of blood to heal. This means you knew she was injured, and also means you have done nothing about it since she continues to be hurt. So you must have known for a while, Steven, as your reaction right now is proving my point, and yet she continues to get harassed, no?"

He turned back to me, but I kept my gaze down. "And now we return from the woods to find her room and possessions destroyed, and she doesn't even act like it's a surprise?"

I closed my eyes in defeat, trying to hold back the emotions. I could really do with my parents right now.

"So, I inform you, and with utmost importance, that she is to return to my home to be with me." He finished, crossing his arms.

I glanced up at the tone in his voice, my heart warming at his protectiveness. It was the most he ever spoke. He was cool, silent and hard to read, yet he just stood up for me. For me! And he's barely known me a few hours. No one has ever done that. Not even Steven.

Steven spluttered with exasperation. "She's..."

"I expect her papers in two hours." He snapped.

"But that's not enough-